Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times

Advertisements

What's all this poo-talk.

Did Crissy Snow leave her mark all over Houston once again?

I must have lived a charmed life, I've never once come across the poop on the walls or clothing. THANK GOD!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 12:15 PM

437 posts, read 932,510 times
dude it's in Missouri or as i like to call it Missery... Arkansas Walmarts are way better!!! fyi Ar is the state that Walmart is home to. well you know what i mean

Old 06-02-2009, 12:18 PM

omg Target is CLEAN??? omg!!! wow this is so insane...target is expensive i'd rather shop at walmart

Old 06-02-2009, 12:50 PM

298 posts, read 956,721 times
Wal-Mart - ack. I can understand if you really need to save a few nickels, but I swear if you watch for specials elsewhere it ain't that great. Plus, at least in my case, they are all really far away (and the closest ones are Meyer Park and Dunvale, and unless you're conducting a study in human behavior, no thanks).

Whenever I see the logo, though, I always think of the mean face from this movie
WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price

Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 PM

funny smiley they have.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:03 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,496,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Did Crissy Snow leave her mark all over Houston once again?
Dudu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevfiv View Post
Plus, at least in my case, they are all really far away (and the closest ones are Meyer Park and Dunvale, and unless you're conducting a study in human behavior, no thanks).
But those locations are excellent examples of Houston's racial and ethnic diversity!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:24 PM

163 posts, read 670,359 times
Thats why I try to never shop at Wal Mart, they are horrible with Customer Service but what do you expect? I always try to go to Target, alot better service.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:21 PM

684 posts, read 2,113,772 times
Yeah...dislike Walmart too.(with poo or sans poo...doesn't matter) Crappy merchandise (no pun intended!! )...ewwww

On the extremely rare occasion I find myself there (maybe once a year, usually at Christmas for wrap, etc) once in the store facing a barage of guys wearing "wife beater" tank tops....stuff thrown all over the aisles..

..I remember why I prefer to shop at Target

Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,495,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisy View Post
Yeah...dislike Walmart too.(with poo or sans poo...doesn't matter) Crappy merchandise (no pun intended!! )...ewwww

On the extremely rare occasion I find myself there (maybe once a year, usually at Christmas for wrap, etc) once in the store facing a barage of guys wearing "wife beater" tank tops....stuff thrown all over the aisles..

..I remember why I prefer to shop at Target
LOL...You nailed it!
Makes me itch just thinking about walking into one of their stores! Even the new stores seem to go down hill fast!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,918,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy/Artist/Lawyer View Post
I have had a number of clients in the past who worked at Walmart and they told some pretty sad stories. They are paid low wages, expected to work when they are sick and abusive management practices are tolerated. I also understand that Walmart calls people part time employees so they don't have to provide health insurance and then expects them to work 39 hours a week. IMHO Walmart employees are treated very poorly. In terms of customer service, you get what you pay for I guess.
It's been said that Walmart is one of the biggest drains on welfare/foodstamps. They encourage their employees to apply for welfare/foodstamps/medicade It almost seems like they take pride in that fact. I posted various info about Walmart and it's effects on the Florida economy over in the Florida forum but I'm too lazy to look up all the info now.

I worked at Walmart for about 3 days when I was 18, Not something I'd ever do again and for minnimum wage to boot ? No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston