Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
cla cla started this thread

898 posts, read 3,309,285 times

Advertisements

I normally wouldn't post this type of info, but I am so impressed that I just had to.

There are phone calls I would rather not make. The kind that entail listening to several recorded messages telling me to press "1", "2", etc. And then 20+ minutes of listening to muzak with intermittent voice overs telling you that the volume of calls is such that you shouldn't expect to talk to anyone within any reasonable time frame.

Tonight I had such a call to make. To Comcast. Ugh... I got an ice cold beer and grabbed the phone and settled down for the long haul. I went through the number pushing hoop until I reached my "almost there" destination. And instead of the apology about the wait, I was told by the recorded voice that my wait was only 2 or 3 minutes and that I could leave a call-back number so that I wouldn't have to wait on the phone. Skeptical, I opted in, set my phone down and proceeded about my business (drinking my beer on the patio - I didn't say I had anything important to do that would prevent me from spending 20 minutes on the phone). A couple of minutes later my phone rang and I was actually talking to a human being within seconds. Got the help I needed and was on my way.

So, either the rest of Houston is at the rodeo, or Comcast's customer service has gotten better. Much, much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,206,100 times
I have done that with Comcast and found that sometimes they call back, sometimes they don't. It is sort of hit or miss.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
cla cla started this thread

898 posts, read 3,309,285 times
I actually had to call back for a log in issue and this time opted to wait on the line, since it was only a couple of minutes. Sure enough, I was speaking to someone within 2 minutes. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket tonight. :-)

Old 03-02-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla View Post
I actually had to call back for a log in issue and this time opted to wait on the line, since it was only a couple of minutes. Sure enough, I was speaking to someone within 2 minutes. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket tonight. :-)
LOL - Get down to the convenience store - quick! Pick up one for me, too.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 PM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Nah.... there are better ways to make those kinds of calls.
Go to Customer Service Customer Service: Companies starting with A | GetHuman.com
Find the company you want to call ( type the name or use the A-Z list)
click on view... and follow the directions ( don't forget to click on "details" and "see all" )

Here is Comcast:
Comcast (Xfinity) Customer Service Tricks, Phone Number w No Wait | GetHuman.com

I make many calls at work. Without "get human" I would be sitting by the phone all day long...

You can even make "Your Custom GetHuman Page" with all the frequent called companies on one page

You can also use this listing:
http://get2human.com/get2human_list.asp

Old 03-02-2012, 07:06 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,741,755 times
Amazon is the best at this. You type your number on the website and they always call you within a minute or two.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times
I've been saying good things about Comcast's Customer Service for years. Although I've read a lot of complaints, I've never had an unpleasant encounter either on the phone or in person. I've seldom had to wait long on the phone, every agent has been very helpful (some even going above and beyond) and the techs have always been prompt, courteous and pretty knowledgeable.

Of course, no one can beat Amazon's Customer Service. Those guys should teach classes on how to keep customers happy.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I've been saying good things about Comcast's Customer Service for years. Although I've read a lot of complaints, I've never had an unpleasant encounter either on the phone or in person. I've seldom had to wait long on the phone, every agent has been very helpful (some even going above and beyond) and the techs have always been prompt, courteous and pretty knowledgeable.

Of course, no one can beat Amazon's Customer Service. Those guys should teach classes on how to keep customers happy.
Agree on Amazon. They do the Spiegel thing - tell the customer it will arrive in 5 days, when it will take 3. The consumer is thinking "wow" - as opposed to being told 3 days and something happens to where it is 4 - the customer has a different attitude.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:07 AM

847 posts, read 1,752,734 times
Comcast isn't the only one going with this option. T-mobile also offers a call back if the expected hold time is too long
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: