Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 03:31 PM

8 posts, read 35,189 times

Advertisements

We are relocating for job purposes(nurse practitioner and engineer) from NYC to Houston. Please does anyone have any info on the nicer and safer areas or apt complexes in Houston to rent as it appears that many of the apts are being negatively criticized by "residents" on some ratings website.
Also would you guys recommend that I rent for 6 months before considering buying a home or is it better to just skip out of renting and just buy a home. What are the best areas to buy a townhome with easier commute to Med center and highways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 PM

657 posts, read 2,545,795 times
There's nice townhomes and apartments down there. You might want to check some of the places along Kirby Drive.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:44 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,834,981 times
If you go on that apartment rating site, I would definitely take some of the comments with a grain of salt. Look for common threads in the discussions/comments for validity.

Generally speaking, some management companies are better than others and tend to have more customer service oriented properties. Post, Finger, Hanover & Morgan usually tend to perform well.

I think renting for 6 months is a good idea to get a good feel for the city. The Bel Air on Allen Parkway looks nice, most of the mid-town properties seem good. For more moderate priced ones close in Memorial Club is pretty nice, Bayou Park Village is a good location too.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:42 PM

8 posts, read 35,189 times
Just a quick question, what is the reputation of KB Homes

Old 04-09-2007, 10:04 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,834,981 times
I'll put it this way, I think there is a website, something along the lines of kbhomesuck.com or kbhomessux.com or something like that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: