Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:58 PM

832 posts, read 3,858,480 times

Advertisements

How about Fall Creek or Summerwood. Those developments off of 59 meet the commute requirment of 30 minutes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 11:44 AM

13 posts, read 31,733 times
Default Hi Mom2Feebs!

Hello there!
Thanks for your answers, it helps a lot although I am not sure how long it would take to remodel a whole house...
Could you tell me more about the zip codes of the Memorial area villages you mentioned? I'm afraid to say that the listings I have been looking at in 77024 were over the top for us... Who wouldn't like to live in such palaces?
Our price range is more in the $200K-$400K... Maybe Memorial is just not for us

Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,447,536 times
Try the following zip code: 77079

That's West Memorial, where the subdivisions I was talking about are. Rummel Creek Elementary, Wilchester Elementary, Nottingham Elementary are outstanding--Wolfe Elementary (Katy ISD) too. Excellent Spring Forest Middle School and Stratford High are zoned to those neighborhoods (except Fleetwood, I believe they go to Katy-Taylor high, which is still excellent).

Also try these zip codes for the areas further west:

Old 03-15-2007, 03:57 PM

21 posts, read 102,997 times
Default Moving to Houston for 3 years from Norway

We are a family of 4 moving to Houton this summer from Oslo. We are going to stay for 3 years. We have also started the search for a house. My husband is working at 11505 West Little York, Houston, TX 77041. It is important with good schools (12 + 14 yr old boys) and not to long commute. We think it is best to buy instead of lease? When can we start the hunt if we need the house by middle or end of July? We do not want to start to soon. The areas you have recommended to family5 I think we also can look at as this will be close to work.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:16 PM

Thanks a lot. You are so helpful!
I've been looking up to data bases and there were very nice houses in both West Memorial and Katy but I am afraid that there are not much woods left in the Katy area. Am I right or wrong? Is there any nature preserved area over there and in what subdivisions? Or do we have to drive all the way to Buffalo Bayou to find a place to ride the bikes with the children?
I might sound a little obsessed by environment... We come from Norway remember?
Thanks for any useful info!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 AM

Smile Back to Houston...

Hi Mom2feebs,
It's been a while since we have been in touch. Thank you for your helpful info by the way! I was considering in March moving to Memorial area, which I am still in favor of.
I wish that our children (10 and 4) will enroll to Frostwood elem.
Do you think it's a great neighborhood? What about after school activities? What about property taxes? How do you enroll your children in the middle of the school year?
I was also considering Cinco ranch in Katy with Williams elem . There how are the property taxes? In term of commute I am not sure that I 10 is the best bet...
Could you tell me more?
Thanks for your time.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:27 AM

33 posts, read 125,825 times
I would avoid the HOA's if I were you. Nothing but a bunch of bitter old people with too much money and nothing else to do but try and snoop around and tell you how to live your life and how your house should look. Forget that c-r-a-p!

On a side note, I would love to live and work in a foreign country. I would ditch the US and not come back if I could find a gig outside the US. Let the terrorists have the dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston