Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:03 AM

26 posts, read 143,213 times

Advertisements

Try Burnett Staffing. I worked with them and found a great job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 04:32 PM

20 posts, read 136,982 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgary78 View Post
Try Burnett Staffing. I worked with them and found a great job.
Thank you soooo much. I will contact them next week and hopefully set up an appointment with them in February. Glad to hear that you had a positive experience that resulted in an awesome job.

Best Regards,
Mcp

Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Default Hunter & Sage, etc.

Has anybody ever used Hunter & Sage, Marcus Personnel, Primary Services or ROI Staffing? If so, what was your experience? Also, has anyone here joined HRHouston? Were they helpful with networking for HR jobs? I applied for membership earlier this week but I haven't received a reply as of yet.

Thanks in advance!
Mcp99

Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcp99 View Post
Has anybody ever used Hunter & Sage, Marcus Personnel, Primary Services or ROI Staffing? If so, what was your experience? Also, has anyone here joined HRHouston? Were they helpful with networking for HR jobs? I applied for membership earlier this week but I haven't received a reply as of yet.

Thanks in advance!
Mcp99
I went to Marcus Personnel. They are a joke!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Thank you soooo much. I will contact them next week and hopefully set up an appointment with them in February. Glad to hear that you had a positive experience that resulted in an awesome job.

Best Regards,
Mcp
Elizabeth in their Richmonod office helped me. She is really good.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:29 AM

447 posts, read 1,765,885 times
You should also apply directly at the big hospitals in Houston. The Texas Medical Center is a huge employer--The Memorial Hermann system is spread over the entire city-- the big hospitals in the med center are also opening smaller hospitals in the suburbs-

Try MD Anderson (you would be an employee of the state with great benefits); Memorial-Hermann System; St. Luke's Episcopal; The Methodist Hospital.

These are big hospitals and they have large numbers of employees, so they have decent sized HR departments.

Good Luck!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:50 AM

25 posts, read 69,350 times
Due to Houston being the hub to so many different kinds of industry there are a TON of staffing companies here, lot's of mom and pop and "boutique style" of firms. If you're looking for HR type of opportunities, I would shoot for HRi or Hunter and Sage. I know people at both and they are pretty upstanding citizens. If you need any names or numbers, feel free to Message me.

If you're wondering, I'm a Technical Recruiter for a company that specializes in Engineering and IT.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1956 View Post
You should also apply directly at the big hospitals in Houston. The Texas Medical Center is a huge employer--The Memorial Hermann system is spread over the entire city-- the big hospitals in the med center are also opening smaller hospitals in the suburbs-

Try MD Anderson (you would be an employee of the state with great benefits); Memorial-Hermann System; St. Luke's Episcopal; The Methodist Hospital.

These are big hospitals and they have large numbers of employees, so they have decent sized HR departments.

Good Luck!
Thanks very much for the information. I will certainly check out their websites and also visit them when I am in Houston next month.

Best Regards,
Mcp

Old 01-19-2009, 11:15 AM

152 posts, read 537,322 times
How about Kelly Services?
My company has contracted from them.

Quote:
Hello Houstonians,

I will be visiting Houston in a month and I am looking to set up some appointments with employment and/or placement companies. I am interested in working in Human Resources; in a coordinator or generalist role.

I have experience but there are so many agencies in Houston and I was hoping to get feedback from folks regarding their respective experience with Houston staffing agencies to find out which agencies they recommend. I will be in Houston for a week (initially) simply to check out agencies and then return permanently in March. I do have family in League City and they love living (people, activities, etc.) in Texas.

Thanks so much for any replies...I will be attending two Job Fairs during the week I visit but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask about reputable staffing companies, as well.

Cheers,
Mcp

Old 01-19-2009, 11:35 AM

25 posts, read 69,350 times
Kelly is always good, especially if you are open to working Contract or Contract to Hire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston