Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:07 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWings View Post
By the way, did jfre81 just say the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders every year? OMG. Can they try winning a playoff game first? It's been what, 12 years now? (Go Quincy Carter!) Holy hell are Cowboys fans full of themselves or what?! I think TO's ego must have spread to the fan base, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81
about when the Cowboys stopped being a Super Bowl contender every year.
And you didn't insinuate that I am a Cowboy fan, did you? Them's fighting words.

My team lost last night...speaking of Super Bowl non-contenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 12:26 PM

182 posts, read 768,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
And you didn't insinuate that I am a Cowboy fan, did you? Them's fighting words.

My team lost last night...speaking of Super Bowl non-contenders.
Wow I totally misread that. My SINCERE Apologies! I would never insult someone like that without good reason.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 PM

484 posts, read 467,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus View Post
Do we get Texas Rangers games on TV in Houston or is it just Astros?
Just stumbled on this ...
Doesn't look like anyone here gave you a worthwhile answer, so I will. If the Rangers are on Fox Sports Southwest when the Astros are not playing, those games are shown in Houston. The reverse is true in Dallas.
If you have DirecTV, most Rangers games are on 676 (FSSW's main feed) and the My 27/KDFI games are shown on 677. Can't speak for Dish Network.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:56 PM

448 posts, read 1,587,746 times
Who are the Astros and Rangers? Not that my Yankees are doing any better .

Life sucks when Boston is continually beating you.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
The Astros own Texas though. Even in DFW when the Astros came to play, like 30%-40% of the stadium was Astros fans.
That number is too high and you know it. It's more like 20% if that.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
Who are the Astros and Rangers? Not that my Yankees are doing any better .

Life sucks when Boston is continually beating you.
We pay less to watch mediocre baseball here than in NYC.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:56 PM

18 posts, read 64,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWings View Post
You realize the (Dallas) Rangers play farther from Houston than the Pirates play from Philly. I don't think you hear too many Philadelphians clamoring to get broadcasts of the "other" Pennsylvania team.
I agree with the point you're making, SilverWings, but Houston and Dallas are actually about 50 miles and 90 minutes closer together than Philly and Pittsburgh. If you've ever had the misfortune to drive across Pennsylvania, you won't soon forget how great the distance really is! Substitute Cleveland for Philadelphia or Baltimore for Pittsburgh in your analogy and it works just fine.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
We pay less to watch mediocre baseball here than in NYC.
Thats true but in my lifetime my beloved Yanks have sip the champagne 4 times.

Too bad that 1 billion in the last five years and we can even get past the 1st round.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:33 PM

18 posts, read 64,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
Thats true but in my lifetime my beloved Yanks have sip the champagne 4 times.

Too bad that 1 billion in the last five years and we can even get past the 1st round.
Red Sox fan in the house, and I guarantee that our two tasted sweeter than your four (more like 5-6 in my lifetime)! We earned those bad boys the hard way! I am a real fan BTW, grew up in NE and was actually at Copley Place in Boston during the infamous Game 6 in 86. Love the rivalry and am aware of the historical trends, so I gotta rub it in while I can!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma019 View Post
Red Sox fan in the house, and I guarantee that our two tasted sweeter than your four (more like 5-6 in my lifetime)! We earned those bad boys the hard way! I am a real fan BTW, grew up in NE and was actually at Copley Place in Boston during the infamous Game 6 in 86. Love the rivalry and am aware of the historical trends, so I gotta rub it in while I can!
I am a true fan as well i grew up in Brooklyn, just moved to Houston about three years ago.

Its obvious your two tasted sweeter, it was 86 years since the last time you guys sipped the champagne.

I am not as old as you are but I was a young buck during the Mattingly/Winfield/Henderson era. Those were hard times. Those Yankee teams of the 90's earned theirs as well.

Hopefully 18-1 doesn't sting as much, unless your a Pats fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: