Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:56 PM

25 posts, read 92,477 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with the Northfork neighborhood in ClearLake? How does it rank amoung the other neighborhoods in the CL area?

By the way, I posted a few months back about a possible relocation to the area. We're officially moving now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 04:20 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,447,102 times
A coworker of mine lives in that subdivision and loves it. I believe the homes were all built around 10+ years ago. Housing prices for that subdivision are in line with what you'll find in the Clear Lake area. He told me the elementary school (North Pointe) is one of the best in the Clear Creek ISD and his kids love it there.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:26 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
No problems with Northfork. That & neighboring Bay Pointe are the newest homes in the area, about 12-15 years old.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:37 PM

What about Brook Forest? I know that area is older, but I like the charm.

We drove through about a month or two ago but we didn't make it to Northfork for some reason. The neighborhoods that stood out to me would be (of course) Bay Oaks (too $$$), Brook Forest, and Pine Brook. We like those homes, but realize only Brook Forest is in our price range. Is there anything I'm overlooking?

I've got the map of the area pulled up on HAR, so I should be able to find any neighborhoods your recommend pretty easily.

I'm probably going to drive you guys crazy over the next few weeks.

Does anyone know anything about the South Shore Harbor area of League City? How does that compare with ClearLake, other than being farther out?

Old 12-16-2008, 04:50 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
My husband has co-workers in Northfork, Bay Glen, Bay Knoll, and Westover Park in League City. All of them like their neighborhoods.

I drove around South Shore Harbor today and it was quite nice.

We are house hunting in all of these neighborhoods, too, so we can team up to bombard the forum with questions.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:06 AM

480 posts, read 1,699,171 times
You need to keep in mind that all those subdivisions are within a mile or so of Ellington field. This means there can be times when low flying planes (especially jets) will cause noise pollution. On the other hand, you can often watch the yearly "Wings Over Houston" Airshow (held in October each year) from your backyard.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
I too live very near Ellington field and currently the planes don't really cause a problem. Most of the low-flying military planes are gone. The predator drones are based out of Ellington but you don't see them or hear them. Not sure what commercial uses could possibly be planned for that small airport but as of now - it is fairly quiet. South Shore Harbour is not near Ellington.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:01 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timnwendy View Post
You need to keep in mind that all those subdivisions are within a mile or so of Ellington field. This means there can be times when low flying planes (especially jets) will cause noise pollution.

The noise is mostly on weekends (when they practice), more in the summer months, and never after sunset. I got used to it pretty fast and it gives a unique personality to the area IMO. Honestly I've never heard anyone complain.

As far as Pine Brook and Brook Forest, no problems with those either. (All the houses in Clear Lake are going to be at least 12 years old so it's something you'll have to deal with.) The only issue out there is I-45 is a few minutes farther away from those neighborhoods. But those & Northfork are great neighborhoods if your budget is pushing $300k.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:51 AM

48 posts, read 228,759 times
Northfork neighborhood is very nice neighborhood my mother in law lives there.South shore is nice if you want something a newer look there or my neighborhood Tuscan lakes most of the bay area is really nice.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:05 PM

I don't mind the air noise. My husband is aviation military and I currently work at an office located on the Austin airport grounds. So that is not an issue for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: