Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:54 PM

421 posts, read 1,732,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
At least the Sugar Land store was packed on Dec. 24. We bought all of our holiday groceries there as a show of appreciation and support for their suburban store and apparently, lots of other people were doing the same.

A one day show of support is not what the Sugar Land store needs.

I too was there on Wednesday around 2pm shopping for the Holidays and it was nice to see such a large crowd, but the store need a comparable volume throughout the week. Yes, from what I heard the store made their numbers early in the day, but the other stores still greatly surpassed SL's numbers. I have many reasons to want the SL store to succeed, but the shoppers are not convincing WFM that Houston is ready and able to support another suburban location.

IMO people will have to transcend the WFM is for specialty items and not everyday shopping before the SL location will produce consistent numbers.

Eating foods from of chemcials and harmful additives is not a trend as so many seem to think that it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 09:27 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,876,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommiePreMed View Post
A one day show of support is not what the Sugar Land store needs.
Well, we do most of our grocery shopping at the Sugar Land location so I didn't intend to imply that one day of support was meaningful. Actually, we shop there so much, my children think that grocery store = Whole Foods Market.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Well, we do most of our grocery shopping at the Sugar Land location so I didn't intend to imply that one day of support was meaningful. Actually, we shop there so much, my children think that grocery store = Whole Foods Market.
So does my son. In his exact words....."Mommie you go to Whole Foods. I NEED juice." He went to Sweet Peas for the first time on Wednesday. He was so proud as he knew that he could not go until he was potty trained!!!!! Now that we are Sweet Pea eligible I would be insane to shop anywhere else!!

Old 12-26-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
So does my son. In his exact words....."Mommie you go to Whole Foods. I NEED juice." He went to Sweet Peas for the first time on Wednesday. He was so proud as he knew that he could not go until he was potty trained!!!!! Now that we are Sweet Pea eligible I would be insane to shop anywhere else!!
That's adorable.

My children love the Sweet Peas Clubhouse, too. The only way I can entice them to leave when I am done shopping is to give them each a penny to make a wish in the fountain on the way out.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
That's adorable.

My children love the Sweet Peas Clubhouse, too. The only way I can entice them to leave when I am done shopping is to give them each a penny to make a wish in the fountain on the way out.
Do you know if it is true that a Container store will open in the same shopping center?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Do you know if it is true that a Container store will open in the same shopping center?
I haven't heard that but I would love, love, love it if that were true.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:17 PM

940 posts, read 1,912,896 times
I[m pretty sure that Whole Foods does not operate stores that far out in the 'burbs. I've been to many of their stores around the country and all are in pretty high density areas.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,896,918 times
I want a Trader Joes real bad ,too!!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:42 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,154,781 times
I'd love to see a TJ's in the area especially in The Woodlands where we're currently renting. I was lamenting to a friend that I couldn't find a particular kind of Patron Tequila anywhere in the area. I told him how I had last bought it at a grocery store in CA and then went on to gripe on how much I miss TJ's, wondering when/if Houston would ever get one. My friend happens to be a wine consultant for TJs Las Vegas and his understanding is that TJ's hasn't appeared in TX yet due to the TX liquor licensing regulations/laws. He didn't know all the particulars but said that was the scuttle-butt he'd heard.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovamos View Post
I[m pretty sure that Whole Foods does not operate stores that far out in the 'burbs. I've been to many of their stores around the country and all are in pretty high density areas.
This (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/StoreLocations.php?storeabbr=DUL - broken link) Whole Foods is one of my favorites. It is located deep in the suburbs off the beaten track between two state highways and is a high volume store.

Whereas the SL WFM is located at a major intersection.

The population of Duluth is less than half of Sugar Land, but the WFM surpasses it in sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston