Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:27 AM

809 posts, read 3,573,998 times

Advertisements

To upload to Snapfish, first get the pictures from the memory card to your computer. It sounds like you have made it that far. You don't need to resize them. I just keep them exactly how they come over from the memory card. You can play with them in Picasa and crop them with that program before you upload them. Just save your changes to the same folder where the original image is (you'll want to give it a new name so it doesn't copy over the existing image) It's up to you whether you want to use Picasa to crop them or crop them on the Snapfish site after you upload them. But don't worry about the image size.

Then, go to the Snapfish website (www.snapfish.com) and create an account(it's free). Then follow their instructions to upload photos. Snapfish has a "help" link that has detailed instructions on what to do.
Basically, it will have you select what folder the pictures are saved on your computer and you can upload the entire contents of that folder, or pick and choose which ones to upload. It's pretty quick to select which photos you want to upload especially if you want to upload the entire contents of the folder. Once you have selected which photos you want to upload, you proceed with the upload.

Depending on your internet connection and the number of photos, this part could take awhile. You could start the process before you go to bed or cook dinner, etc.

Once it is done uploading, you will have created an album and you can then enhance the photos, crop the photos, etc on the Snapfish site. And then you can choose which ones you want to buy the prints of. Of course, you don't have to buy any.

They charge 9cents a print (4x6 size) plus S&H if you order from them. They may give you some prints for free when you sign up. If you have them printed out Walgreens, you pay whatever Walgreens charges and they'll be ready in an hour (supposedly)

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask any follow up questions. I may not be the best at explaining it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 09:38 AM

759 posts, read 3,187,977 times
W Photo Studio.
1) Put CD in Drive...it should automatically Extract files...takes about 1 minute depending on the Speed of your PC.
2) once that Part is done you will get a welcome to W photostudio installation wizard. Click NEXT
3) accept the license agreement (after memorizing all the words and being able to recite it backwards). click NEXT
4) This will ask you for the destination folder...make a note of it in case you need to find out where you installed this application before...Click NEXT. (default is C:\Program Files\Walgreens\W Photo Studio\)
5) in the next screen Uncheck the collect anonymous info box...unless you want to share i dont, click INSTALL.
6) Click Finish!
7) follow the screens... Order photos...it found some of my picture folders...it that is not listed then you can add them by clicking the button the bottom.

If you dont have an account it can help you create an account, etc.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 AM

I do not use SAM's and prefer Walgreen because they use better photo paper. Sams and Wal-Mart use cheaper Photo Paper...and Yes i have used all 3 several times at several different stores.
I also think snapfish uses cheaper processing based on whati have seen from my sister's prints.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:13 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,355,384 times
icon7, I picked up the free WAlgreen CD last night and will try to get to it today! (The clerk was not the regular guy and didn't know what I was talking about...I'm the one who noticed the box of free software CD's behind a poster!)

But you or any of the previous responders...for my future reference I'm still confused about the process of getting edited photos BACK INTO the camera! Step by step instructions most welcome there!

Thanks again, CF (who, of course, has many snaps of her 2 kitties in the camera, including yesterday's mischievous foray into (and I mean _into_) their very first Christmas tree!)

Old 12-13-2008, 08:37 AM

Any particular reason you want to put the files back into the memory card in the camera?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,355,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
Any particular reason you want to put the files back into the memory card in the camera?

Yo again,

Well, if I'm understanding lostinhouston's post above... I could then just take the memory stick _with the edited photos to the kiosk wherever and not have to spend any time standing there cropping/fixing/etc. It's another option to have.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:10 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,127,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Yo again,

Well, if I'm understanding lostinhouston's post above... I could then just take the memory stick _with the edited photos to the kiosk wherever and not have to spend any time standing there cropping/fixing/etc. It's another option to have.
you can also give away the memory cards or take it to family gatherings for a show and tell session using their DVR/TV. you can insert the card in some units, most take in USB cables from a memory reading device(like your camera)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston