Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:08 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,850,355 times

Advertisements

...in foreclosures, that is. Fort Bend County now has the highest percentage of homes in foreclosure of any Texas county.

1 in 369 homes in foreclosure. Missouri City and Richmond have the most foreclosures.

FortBendNow.com article (http://fortbendnow.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=321289&widget=push&a rticle-A-Dubious-Ranking-For-Fort-Bend-No-In-New-Real-Estate-Foreclosures%20=&instance=home_news_bullets&open=& - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:19 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,132,046 times
weird. I was just searching har.com for foreclosures in Katy, Sugarland, Cypress areas today.

well congratulations. your schools might actually get even better

Old 10-23-2008, 08:49 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,733,428 times
YIKES !!!

Only one in 369 ? Im laughing pretty hard here. Where I just left in Las Vegas which leads the nation in foreclosures, 1 in every 26 homes are in some stage of foreclosure. That is no misprint. 1 in every 26. Unless things changed since I looked at the charts last, in Stockton, CA, 1 in every 29 homes are in foreclosure. Several of the surrounding towns near Stockton were all in the 1 in 30s range. That's bad !

Texas is the 13th largest economy in the world. Larger then many countries. I wish I can say Texas will never experience a deep depression like Vegas and a few others are right now but "never say never". Things are pretty stable here right now compared to most of America so we all need to be gratefull for that.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:05 PM

469 posts, read 1,487,137 times
Detriot has a 1:33 ratio. So, I think Fort Bend is just number one in Texas right now.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 AM

530 posts, read 2,040,480 times
I can see that in Missouri City. We looked a lot there for houses in our price range and had a good hard look at the neighbors. You know something's fishy when you can get a good condition 2-story 2,400 sq/ft house move-in ready for 126k, in what APPEARS to be a really nice neighborhood.... Thing is, it once was a nice neighborhood. What happened? Look at the neighbors. It's all about priorities or lack of judgement in the ability to determine them. When you start seeing a bunch of big SUVs with 24" chromes in the driveway, the place is headed to the crapper... foreclosures out the wazoo. People who are concerned with the IMAGE of being rich rather than how to live within one's means.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:51 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTX View Post
People who are concerned with the IMAGE of being rich rather than how to live within one's means.
Uh, that's not just in Missouri City. It's a McMansion Plague.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,756,050 times
Some people do it with McMansions & excessiveness up the ***, others do it with trendy "Cosmo" inner city condos with his & her baby Euro cars (or Infiniti coupes), $50 wine, and a smug attitude to boot. One is really no different from the other.

Quote:
It's all about priorities or lack of judgement in the ability to determine them. When you start seeing a bunch of big SUVs with 24" chromes in the driveway, the place is headed to the crapper... foreclosures out the wazoo. People who are concerned with the IMAGE of being rich rather than how to live within one's means.
Yep, that's a good indicator I've seen as well. There are nicer cars & rims in the $100k neighborhoods around the area vs. the $175-275k homes. Go to the relative high end and there are all kinds of seriously nice cars (nicer than the cosmo G35 or C230), but there is a noticable lack of rims.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:49 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,132,046 times
Quote:
I can see that in Missouri City. We looked a lot there for houses in our price range and had a good hard look at the neighbors. You know something's fishy when you can get a good condition 2-story 2,400 sq/ft house move-in ready for 126k, in what APPEARS to be a really nice neighborhood.... Thing is, it once was a nice neighborhood. What happened? Look at the neighbors. It's all about priorities or lack of judgement in the ability to determine them. When you start seeing a bunch of big SUVs with 24" chromes in the driveway, the place is headed to the crapper... foreclosures out the wazoo. People who are concerned with the IMAGE of being rich rather than how to live within one's means.
told you you should visit places with homes higher than what youve budgetted. theres not one blingity car in my neighborhood in ghetto Alief because I guess "your peers" is different or atleast badness is less pronounced at higher price ranges. also you should consider the possibility that 100k houses are bought as rental properties which caters for the blingity crowd

Old 10-24-2008, 11:40 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,869,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
...in foreclosures, that is. Fort Bend County now has the highest percentage of homes in foreclosure of any Texas county.

1 in 369 homes in foreclosure. Missouri City and Richmond have the most foreclosures.

FortBendNow.com article (http://fortbendnow.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=321289&widget=push&a rticle-A-Dubious-Ranking-For-Fort-Bend-No-In-New-Real-Estate-Foreclosures%20=&instance=home_news_bullets&open=& - broken link)
That's it? That's still way, way better than most of the rest of the country. The Houston area has been incredibly fortunate with everything going on.

Fort Bend does have a lot of new construction and starter homes though, so that probably explains the high numbers compared to the rest of the state.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:40 AM

70 posts, read 207,257 times
That's not bad AT ALL. Consider yourself lucky. Out here in California, the foreclosure rate is through the roof. Good for me though. Purchasing first home in expensive area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston