Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 PM

22 posts, read 84,402 times

Advertisements

Could somebody please recommend a trust worth day care around clear lake area? The budget is $600 for my 18 months old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 10:53 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,448,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batrachian View Post
Could somebody please recommend a trust worth day care around clear lake area? The budget is $600 for my 18 months old.
$600 for what? If that's per month for full time (5-day per week) care, then you're probably going to have to go with an in-home daycare. Most daycare centers are going to be around $200-250 per week for an 18 month old.

For centers, I like the Excelsior University in Seabrook (We offer exceptional facilities and the prestigious university mode of teaching within a safe and loving environment). A coworker of mine takes his kids to the Kindercare on Clear Lake City Blvd at Middlebrook and is very happy with it. I originally used the Kindercare on Sea Lark near El Camino, but I REALLY don't recommend it.

I don't have any experience with in-home daycares in texas. But I would make sure they are certified by the state. Use this website to check them out: DFPS - Search Texas Child Care

Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 AM

356 posts, read 917,287 times
We used The Growing Place on Texas Ave. near Nasa Rd. 1 for 4 years ( 4 years for 1 child, a little less than a year for the second) before moving away from the area and were generally happy. You should definately call them and pay them a visit if they have space and the cost is acceptable to you. They taught my oldest a lot of things (indicating a good level of interaction). I was also happy with the lunches and snacks that they serve and they have separate playgrounds for the little and big kids. Most of the time teacher: student ratio was better than the state mandated ratios, although at times the teacher turnover was more than I would have liked. Although it is not fancy, I liked the fact that it is privately owned and smaller than some centers.

I agree with previous post - if $600 a month is max you will proabably need to find an in-home daycare.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:54 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,009,164 times
Montessori School of Houston - in Clear Lake. Great place. Not sure of the price.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 PM

22 posts, read 84,402 times
Any more inputs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: