Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 08:07 PM

37 posts, read 226,003 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in legends ranch or any canyon gate community what has been your experiences with the upkeep, hoa, maintenance or any thought about living there any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 11:12 PM

33 views no replys come on someone has to have some type of insight

Old 02-06-2007, 07:25 AM

246 posts, read 895,000 times
canyon gate is at 290, I considered to buy a house around there before.

But, traffic in 290 is bad.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 PM
CNC

3 posts, read 55,070 times
I live in the canyon village/gate community in humble. The things I don't like about the neighborhood have nothing to do with "masterplan" of the Canyon communities. The HOA is responsive, though I have yet to see any cooking classes and there has only been 1 meeting. They have had some Easter Bunny & Santa stuff though. The upkeep is fine, and they seem to think about the landscaping. The "Bundled Services" package is a great money saver, but it does increase every other year, which we were not told in the beginning.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 PM

4 posts, read 21,622 times
Im building in the Stone Gate Community. The HOA fees are higher than Ive been use to paying so Im hoping for a strong HOA. So far it appears that the community is well kept. Ive noticed that a neighbor on the street to which Im building has decided to park is 18 wheeler tractor in front his house. If Im paying almost $1000 a year for HOA, I hope my voice is heard and well received when I finally close on my house. But thats a whole different story.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 PM

Hey lawdog4150

The i8 wheeler parked on the residential street is why i am moving to a gated community i am moving to legends ranch so let me know how that goes for you.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,026 times
Question Atascocita High or Humble High?

Are the Canyon Gate communities in the new Atascocita High zone or the Humble High zone? I know further down is mostly the new school...I have family in the area further east and they've mentioned that most folks should steer clear of HHS, especially for resale value. Any one know for sure?

Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 17,058 times
Exclamation Legends Ranch INFO:

Ok, I have lived in the Legends Ranch Community for 2 years. My family bought in the neighborhood for its easy access to the Hardy Toll Road and Houston. Don't let this fool you though. Rayford Road is the absolute worst! I have been almost rear-ended every time I try to enter the community, and my neighbor has even totaled her car at the entrance because of the sharp turn.

Also, I belive you should take notice to the "Coming Soon" Shopping Center, McDonalds, and gas station next to the community. If you are into the convience, great! But, if you like peace and quiet, i suggest you find another neighborhood, because there is none of that here.

The HOA fees are very high, but they have gone down as more people move in to lighten the load. The diversity of the community is vast. There are homes that seem practically like mobile homes (duplexes), and there are $300,000+ homes. A majority of the community is not white but rather hispanic, indian, and african american and has come from California or other parts of Texas. I felt kind of isolated being the only neighbor from the nearby area of The Woodlands.

I wish someone will tell me what is so great about RVs, trailers, boats, too many cars, and street parking, because there are constant situations where the street is completly blocked and I have been stuck in the driveway for hours. (not good when you have kids at school to pick up, and the construction worker refuses to move until the job is done.) On top of this, construction traffic is heavy. My best advice is to buy on the left side rather than the right side as you enter out of the gate. There seems to be more trees, peace, and higher quality of neighbors and homes. Oh, and DO NOT BUY ON THE WATER. I did, and the taxes are outrageous, plus, it is not legally "waterfront" property. I asked my personal lawyer who i have had for years. Specifically about the taxes, my home cost 189,000 and taxes are already 179,000. This is with my contesting and appealing every year.

Kudos to the lady with the ATV problem. I am sorry to tell ya' honey, but the HOA did not fix the neighbors when I asked them before even when I moved in, and they frankly they did not care after they had their money.

I wish you the best of luck in finding yourself a new home. I hope you find the right subdivision for you and possibly your family. GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 PM

wow

you make it sounds like it really sucks. i do agree with you about the right side of the community but i bought to the left luckily has it recently gotten worse or is this how you have always felt? i move into section 3 next month but everytime i visit i always get a good feel about the community and i have pretty high standards. as far as non texans moving in you are probably right everyone i have met there has been from cali. so are you moving or are you going to stick out? you do have to admit besides part of the woodlands it is the most beautiful community under 500k

Old 05-29-2007, 01:14 PM

17 posts, read 78,699 times
I am moving to Houston from San Diego later this year. Originally I thought I was going to move to Legends Ranch, but after visiting the place twice...it just didn't have the feel of a nice gated community that I was expecting. I ended up opting for Spring Trails, where I am building a Lennar home. It has that great "woodsy" feel and beautiful landscaping. One thing I didn't like in Legends Ranch were that there were townhomes and a bunch of For Rent signs too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston