Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:05 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,726,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
How in the world do you come to that conclusion?! From what I read it had nothing to do with race.
I was joking

Old 08-22-2008, 07:54 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,035,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Frankly I find her arrest outrageous. If I choose to have bad taste and cuss then that should not be something that the police deal with.
I don't appreciate others forcing their idea of decency on me. I think its disgusting that the laws have gotten to this place and I have to say it, I think its the morality dictated by religion that is bringing this about.

If I want to cuss, then I will cuss. Its that simple.
Kind of shows a lack of respect for those around you ... everyone may not want to hear your mouth and really shouldn't have to have if forced on them if they are in a public place. Then on a different note, it is intesting how when you are around people with decent grammar who don't curse in public vs. those who pop off an say whatever, how ignorant and under-educated it makes the city sound.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:02 AM

3,751 posts, read 12,424,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I was joking
LOL guess I had my sense of humor tucked in my back pocket when I read that. Thanks for clearing it up

Last edited by Va-Cat; 08-23-2008 at 08:21 AM..

Old 08-23-2008, 08:09 AM

3,751 posts, read 12,424,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Kind of shows a lack of respect for those around you ... everyone may not want to hear your mouth and really shouldn't have to have if forced on them if they are in a public place. Then on a different note, it is intesting how when you are around people with decent grammar who don't curse in public vs. those who pop off an say whatever, how ignorant and under-educated it makes the city sound.
It shows a large lack of courtesy and respect. As far as I'm concerned, please feel free to cuss like a sailor when you are in private. Thats your right and when you are there, I don't have to listen to you. When you are in public such language is rude and discourteous, and as was illustrated by that women's arrest, in some places, illegal.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:08 PM

62 posts, read 180,502 times
This is why Texas has an exploding prison population problem. That is not the first time a person is arrested for this, and sometimes the cops instigate an arrest, not just in Houston but all across Texas.

Texas is in stage one of the process Russia was in under Stalin. "Stage one" is when an arrest is no longer related to crime but is related to a desire by the state to put as many people as possible into prison. An arrest that does not result in actually going to prison still results in a series of consequences such as job loss, eviction, etc etc and the trivial nature of the incident does not show up in later bureaucracy.

"Stage Two" is when you don't have to cuss to be arrested. The city of Austin recently awarded a $30,000 grant to a fitness marketer to train volunteers to pressure people inside all kinds of clubs and businesses to engage in "healthy practices" and that is going to lead to pushing all kinds of innocent people out of jobs and social contacts if they cannot tolerate daily abuse from those "volunteers".

A number of fascist activists related to the so-called "homeless industry" are working on the imprisonment of all persons who have been pushed out of jobs and homes by these methods.

Stage 3 is the Gulag.

Stage 4 is Auschwitz.

And it is not unique to Texas. It is all across the USA.

If you think I am being extreme, read your history books and ask yourself: what were the citizens of Russia, Poland, and Germany actually experiencing in daily politics in the ten-year period before the "Final Solutions"? And notice: Auschwitz was a secret until several Jews escaped and tried to be believed. So what did the Polish and the other citizens really believe was going on while it was being built and then filled?

Also notice: the Jews were middle-class people who owned homes and businesses just a few years before that happened.

And if I am really upsetting you, please go to an oldies record store and get a vinyl record of the old Frank Zappa comedy team, the one that has the chorus behind his history lessons, singing "iiit caaaan't happen heeeeeerre"

Old 08-23-2008, 10:02 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,899,131 times
This seems like a cultural-switch typical of modern times. In the past you were more likely to hear of women getting offended by men swearing, not the other way around.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:56 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,737,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaustinegalitarian View Post
This is why Texas has an exploding prison population problem. That is not the first time a person is arrested for this, and sometimes the cops instigate an arrest, not just in Houston but all across Texas.

This wasn't in Houston; it was in LaMarque. FYI, there's quite a bit of difference there young grasshopper.

Otherwise, the rest of your post had me thinking "cuckoo... cuckoo... cuckoo". Maybe put down that high-quality Austin reefer for a few weeks while you're at it.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:04 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,545,927 times
i am having trouble is grasping what this post is saying. are you saying that the absolutely & only and sole basis of the arrest was use of the f word? why does that seem unlikely to me.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:12 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,737,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i am having trouble is grasping what this post is saying. are you saying that the absolutely & only and sole basis of the arrest was use of the f word? why does that seem unlikely to me.

That's not what it was about. This is what I heard on the radio news FWIW:

The lady was told to watch her mouth (verbal warning of sorts), then got belligerent with the officer, spouting out more F words like the high class LaMarque lady-role-model she was. Then she got her cuffs & ticket for disorderly conduct.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I heard on the news.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:57 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,472,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
That's not what it was about. This is what I heard on the radio news FWIW:

The lady was told to watch her mouth (verbal warning of sorts), then got belligerent with the officer, spouting out more F words like the high class LaMarque lady-role-model she was. Then she got her cuffs & ticket for disorderly conduct.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I heard on the news.
Yup...that was the jest of it. She had due warning and she continued the tirade. Has anyone seen a follow-up report on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston