Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,659 times

Advertisements

This is my first post and the Millers want to say Hi and ask for some help. I have been on this forum lurking for quite sometime now. I have learned a lot and have grown to love Texas and all the people here. All of you have really helped my family to make our decisions on where to buy our first house. Here is a little about my Family and my self. My name is Jason I am 32 and will be 33 in November. My wife Mandy is 29 and will be 30 in September. We have been together for 11yrs and married going on 5yrs in August. We have a beautiful 3 1/2 year old daughter, Madison. I have been self employed for the last 7yrs restoring classics cars and have had tremendous success but something is missing for me personally. I have always been the helping type and I decided to start a different career path two years ago, when I watch a 9yr old boy get ejected from a car and die in front of me. It seems I am always running to help instead of running away which is why I chose to be a Firefighter. I have always wanted to be in the EMS field but I was never really sure what I wanted to do. Now I know what my path is and all I need to do now is take my national registry test to be a certified EMT. I have taken my Fire tech classes and I am ready to move to Texas to start the Fire academy. We are currently unsure if we will relocate the business or sell it first. Firefighters will usually have two jobs, so this is why I might relocate the business. My wife will have her CPA in about four months and was ready to move last year. lol, I have never been to Texas however, I have seen some great pics, video's from my wife visiting her sister. The only big things I worry about are of course the weather, tornados. We have done the research and now are in the final stages of preparation and are looking to move in 11 months. Buying a house will not happen right away. I would like to rent to make sure we will be happy with the area. Well about now you probably want to know where we are coming from....? We have lived in Sacramento area for the last 18yrs, "actually Orangevale" and we do like it here. However, I find it hard to spend $450,000 on a house that I can buy in Texas for $200,000 with property. I have always wanted to have a piece of property big enough for my parents and my wifes parents. And no this is not a Waco thing. lol, We are an extremely close family and this had been a big reason why we have not bought a home yet. I have never been fond of the schools here either. I could also do away with all the traffic too. I realize the traffic there is bad, but not nearly what we have here now. I do feel your pain with all of us moving to Texas. Oh wait, I forgot to mention my Parents are moving out here too. And my wifes parents in a couple of years lol Sorry...
My questions???
Who are the best movers to use from Sac to Texas? Any recommendations for temp agencies around Magnolia? I also thought I read some where that Houston will pay to relocate a business to Texas, is that correct? If so where is the best place to find that info? We have the Houston moving guide but I did not see any info about that. If I am missing something please chime in.
Thanks again
-Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston