Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 04:58 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times

Advertisements

Ocean Palace for Dim Sum.
It's in China Town.
Good luck up there. Good food was always hard to find. Chez Nous in Humble is the only thing that ever ranked with me. La Tavola in Tomball wasn't bad either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 05:11 PM

26 posts, read 87,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
Hey all - any recommendations for good restaurants in the Spring/Champion/Woodlands areas, expecially AUTHENTIC Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Afgan, French etc.

Any restaurants where you have been really happy with the quality of the food. I do not care about the atmosphere or even much about the service.

Thanks!
lol, you don't care much about the service? even if you have to wait for an hour or more after being seated to be attended or served water...?

ok, I also hope to find really authentic Japanese or Thai cuisines... the one Japanese restaurant we went to, was owned by Chinese and staff were Chinese, food was far from authentic, already adapted to the locals' taste buds' I reckon

Old 07-02-2009, 10:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,916 times
I've eaten at P.F.Chang's and was not impressed. All I've heard were good things. I ordered the spiced lamb, and didn't remember much except that I was unimpressed- it was that unmemorable. Their rice is exceptionally chewy- I think they use medium grain rice- which to me doesn't work well with many of their dishes.I like Chef Chan's off Kuykendahl and Cypresswood. I tried the location in the Woodlands once, but think it wasn't quite the same. I usually get the Chef Chan's Chicken or Chef Chan's Shrimp. They have some pretty good steamed dumplings, and theire Subgum Winter Melon Soup is pretty yummy.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM

95 posts, read 439,207 times
WAZA on 1960/cutten is awesome
Redfish Grill on 249/cypresswood has great sushi
Tao Ngo on gears/veterans has great vietnamese food

Old 07-08-2009, 02:28 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,456,837 times
Pizza Fusion - 100% Organic is good - located in Vintage Park.

We also have a couple great restaurants down here on Louetta near Grant, Mezzanote and Cappriccio. Check for their writeups in the Houston Chronicle.

For Chinese, Hunan River Bistro is solid and my favorite Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse is Toro.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:43 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,447,536 times
There's good food all over the North side, you just have to ask around. Not everything is a brisket slathered in BBQ sauce or cheap chicken fajitas with fake cheese queso. Some of it is geniunely good, wholesome cooking, and there's a reason why some places have been there for years.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:03 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,456,837 times
Alicia's is great Tex-Mex, on par with the best in Houston. The owner, David Herrera, worked for Tony Vallone for 20 years. He recently opened up Dario's American Grill, which is a nice upscale steakhouse. They're located on 290 & Cypress-Rosehill/Fry.

Last edited by Mr. Football; 07-08-2009 at 10:17 PM..

Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 AM

78 posts, read 349,178 times
[quote=snappy;4365568]Thai Ocha in the Woodlands was very good authentic Thai food.[quote]

I love that place. But, it's called Thep Thai now. It's off of Sawdust it in the shopping center with Big Lots and Walgreens, and next door to Kyoto.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 AM

78 posts, read 349,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickman33 View Post
I've eaten at P.F.Chang's and was not impressed.

P.F. Chang's is great. The food is always wonderful and the service is always great. Maybe you just didn't order the right thing... hehe. Of course I've only had items from their vegetarian section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston