Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 03:29 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,782,568 times

Advertisements

That's all folks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 03:52 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,763,012 times
cool pics, thanks.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:55 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,847,467 times
Very nice! I have never been to these parts of Katy. Now I see why people like it there.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:40 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,945,304 times
Default Thanks!

Cinco is high on my list for house shopping. But what time were these taken? Where were all the people??

Old 07-04-2008, 04:44 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,782,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhubbell View Post
Cinco is high on my list for house shopping. But what time were these taken? Where were all the people??
yesterday morning after I dropped my wife off at work, I was just walking into the Beach Club getting ready to take Pics then BAM!, I slipped off a step (lose sand).

The good news is I can now justify buying a new camera

Old 07-04-2008, 05:05 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,749,415 times
Quote:

Inside their nice homes, spending time with their families.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:11 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,945,304 times
Default New Camera

usc, can I recommend a Nikon D40 or D60 or whatever the current model is? I got a D50 a couple years ago and I LOVE it. Worth every penny. I'll be using it a lot next week while househunting. My agent thinks we can see something like 20 houses on the first day. Almost all of them are in Cinco/Seven Lakes/Grand Lakes, but a few are in Sugarland. Is she crazy or is that possible?

The beach club certainly looks nice, and unique to Cinco. My kids would love it.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
My agent thinks we can see something like 20 houses on the first day. Almost all of them are in Cinco/Seven Lakes/Grand Lakes, but a few are in Sugarland. Is she crazy or is that possible?
My husband and I viewed 32 houses in a day and a half before we made an offer on a house in Colorado. We took pictures of each house along with the address so that we could review them later in our hotel room. Good thing we had the pictures because they all blurred together in our minds at the end of the day.

But maybe we aren't the best role models because later we regretted our home purchase and felt like we didn't take sufficient time to understand the different vibes in the different neighborhoods.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:38 PM

550 posts, read 1,131,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
My husband and I viewed 32 houses in a day and a half before we made an offer on a house in Colorado. We took pictures of each house along with the address so that we could review them later in our hotel room. Good thing we had the pictures because they all blurred together in our minds at the end of the day.

But maybe we aren't the best role models because later we regretted our home purchase and felt like we didn't take sufficient time to understand the different vibes in the different neighborhoods.
Frankly I don't understand how you can choose a house when you are looking at 32 houses in the same day. How many minutes did you spend at each house ? Especially if you calculate the time it takes to go from one house to the other. In such a short amount of time allocated to each home, you have seen nothing of any of the homes. No wonder that you regretted your home purchase. Before even going to a house, you should do your home work with what is in the description of a house and what you really want in a house. If your priority is as an example a laundry room, why go and see houses that don't have any. Or if you want build in appliances why go and see houses that have any. When we went shopping for a new house, I knew exactly what I was looking for. Of course the neighboorhood was looked at, but my priorities were the house itself.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Frankly I don't understand how you can choose a house when you are looking at 32 houses in the same day. How many minutes did you spend at each house ? Especially if you calculate the time it takes to go from one house to the other. In such a short amount of time allocated to each home, you have seen nothing of any of the homes. No wonder that you regretted your home purchase. Before even going to a house, you should do your home work with what is in the description of a house and what you really want in a house. If your priority is as an example a laundry room, why go and see houses that don't have any. Or if you want build in appliances why go and see houses that have any. When we went shopping for a new house, I knew exactly what I was looking for. Of course the neighboorhood was looked at, but my priorities were the house itself.
The house was great...it had everything we wanted on our wish list. It was the neighborhood that was wrong. We should have rented before buying. Then again, if we had rented, we would have known NOT to buy there at all because my husband's job didn't turn out to be a good fit and we moved out-of-state. Live and learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: