Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 AM

33 posts, read 144,152 times

Advertisements

Hi, we love the Memorial area, and we'll need an apartment in that area until we find a house.

I have two Elem-age children, and am trying to find a safe apartment that takes large breed dogs preferably in the Wilchester school zone.

I know that Spring Branch is a good district, but I really want Wilchester over the other elemen schools. We're hoping to find a house in Wilchester neighborhood and we're willing to rent until the right house comes along.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,516,278 times
What's your price range?
I'm not sure which apartments, if any, are zoned to Wilchester Elem. There're townhouses zoned to Rummel Creek. Some portions of Wilchester Subdivision are zoned to Rummel Creek..which is excellent.

If you have a contract on a house, they will let you attend the school zoned to that house.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:22 AM

33 posts, read 144,152 times
Rummel Creek sounds good too. Price is not a big issue. I would pay more for safetly and good schools. I'd like to find a place that offers 3 month or 6 month leases plus pet friendly. I've got a large breed, friendly dog. A short haired st bernard.

What's the name of the townhouses in that area? I can't find any info online.

Thanks so much!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,516,278 times
Georgetown. Most of them are privately owned, but some will lease out. Might be hard to find a 3-6 month lease in that area though. The dog issue may be really hard. If price isn't an issue. Look into a house to lease in the area for 6 months. But prices in Wilchester are going up everyday, so you may want to tack one down in the next month or so.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:52 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,422,752 times
^^^ yep. I live in Georgetown. Love it. As EA said, there might not be a 3-6 mo rental but if you drive around there are a couple for lease by owner so they might accommodate you. There is also a really nice little apartment complex directly across the street from Wilchester Elementary. It's the only one zoned to the school and it is in a super nice area. I will have to find out the name of it. We go past it a lot on our way to the water park, so if I see it I will come back and let you know.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 AM

28 posts, read 85,642 times
check out apartmentratings.com for the truth from renters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: