Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 AM

759 posts, read 3,197,281 times

Advertisements

Depends on the quality of the AC and the pool. most folks I talked say: $100-$120 a month. Of course in the summers (may through September) electric bill will be higher because of AC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVH View Post
Ok with gas at 4.63 here in ca for regular (is it that high in Houston)? I doubt I would want to spend nearly 20 bucks on gas a day.

I guess I should just consider Sugar Land. I had the worlds worst realtor (and trust me she was reall really bad) when I saw Sugar Land so i gave up on it and found a great gal in Katy who convinced me Katy was Heaven. I did not know there was a historic part of Sugar Land. I am an antiques nut case and think that would be great if it is safe. Sorry I went off on the other person about crosses but I am at popping stress point and just not willing to put up with "stuff"

Thanks for looking these up for me. I will consider but I do need a question answered.

I looked in Greatwood and loved it but I saw a 2 story home with pool which I need/want/must have/desire/can't live without/need for exercise (get the point, I want a pool) and she said it cost 750 per mo airand pool costs (electric) Is that true 750 per month for a 2 story home. YIkes I will need a second job to pay the utilities and gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 09:07 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,623,443 times
Gosh, I've had utility poles in my backyards all my life and I've never heard any sound coming from them. Well, except for the occasional squirrel blowing a tranformer somewhere down the line. But hey, that's good fun.

If I stand by the pole out back at night that has Telephone and Internet feeding on it, I don't hear any sizzling.........just the wind and the trees. Strangley they don't effect property value in Houston.

The only lines I would never live next to are those big metal tower things......

Old 06-10-2008, 10:38 AM

200 posts, read 903,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Gosh, I've had utility poles in my backyards all my life and I've never heard any sound coming from them. Well, except for the occasional squirrel blowing a tranformer somewhere down the line. But hey, that's good fun.

If I stand by the pole out back at night that has Telephone and Internet feeding on it, I don't hear any sizzling.........just the wind and the trees. Strangley they don't effect property value in Houston.

The only lines I would never live next to are those big metal tower things......
Ok I just assumed with the humidity in Houston the lines would sizzle. I live in the OC and the lines make so much noise (not the big metal poles) but the others. Here they plant nursery plants under the poles and the plants grow at a rapid pace. I was highly concerned about value loss and possibly hair loss (ok that is taking it too far) but at least some concerns from having them in the yard.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:45 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,623,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVH View Post
Ok I just assumed with the humidity in Houston the lines would sizzle. I live in the OC and the lines make so much noise (not the big metal poles) but the others. Here they plant nursery plants under the poles and the plants grow at a rapid pace. I was highly concerned about value loss and possibly hair loss (ok that is taking it too far) but at least some concerns from having them in the yard.

I don't know what it does to the burbs value, people out there worry about the silliest things. But those in around Houston just deal with them, grow trees around them, which don't grow any faster than the trees not planted near them. It's warm, humid and rains a alot, that's why the plants grow fast. We are sub-tropical unlike Los Angles. Think about it, if the power lines were that bad, what's putting them less than a foot under the grass going to help? I mean really...

No noise, I mean NONE, comes off of them

Old 06-10-2008, 10:55 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,810,463 times
Last I looked gas here was 3.91 but it changes daily anymore so you never know.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:11 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,887,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
I don't know what it does to the burbs value, people out there worry about the silliest things. But those in around Houston just deal with them, grow trees around them, which don't grow any faster than the trees not planted near them.
Ha, that's right, all the people in the suburbs have heads filled with nonsense and silly fluff. Compared with all those inner city dwellers characterized by wisdom, insight, a Zen like peace...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston