Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 PM

11 posts, read 37,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla View Post
The gas station doesn't matter. cinco ranch is the size of a small city. if there were no convenience stores, gas stations or any other retail, we'd all have to drive miles to get anything. The store/gas station will be used by the people who live there - you, me and anyone else who lives in that area. A gas station does not = thugs, gangs, crime. I wouldn't want to buy a house that backs to the station, but I wouldn't hesitate to live in the area behind it.

Cinco at seven meadows is a "village". Cinco is so large that it is divided into villages, which are then divided in subdivisions. Har.com uses the village name, not the subdivision name. cinco at seven meadows (which is to the west of the gas station) includes Fieldstone, Somer Glen, Logan Hollow and Wren Creek, all of which covers a broad area, so you may not be that close to the gas station at all. The subdivision directly behind the gas station is Sage Meadow, which is a part of the village of Cinco SW. I live in the proximity, so I am very familiar with that area.

Thank You so much..

I just drove by that area to have a detailed look at the development and found that the subdivision name is legacy place and it is behind the gas station
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 07:57 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,311,419 times
I finally noticed the new homes sign with legacy place on it. I assumed it was part of Summer Sage (which I mistakenly called Sage Meadow - all these close-sounding names) because it doesn't have an official neighborhood sign up yet and the entrance doesn't look like the typical Cinco entrance with a median and line of trees. It is a convenient location because you can easily get to Fry or Cinco Ranch Blvd. And within walking distance of the Highland park pool/rec center. You'll enjoy living there.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:09 AM

70 posts, read 340,791 times
Default Living near a gas station

Not sure if it means anything to the original poster but that particular gas station does not sell alcohol. I stop by there occasionally for gas and snacks for the kids. I asked the clerk and he said something about it being too close to the school.

No alcohol to me says that you probably will not get the "wrong crowd" hanging around there.

Just my 2 cents

Old 05-29-2008, 08:40 AM

11 posts, read 37,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cla View Post
I finally noticed the new homes sign with legacy place on it. I assumed it was part of Summer Sage (which I mistakenly called Sage Meadow - all these close-sounding names) because it doesn't have an official neighborhood sign up yet and the entrance doesn't look like the typical Cinco entrance with a median and line of trees. It is a convenient location because you can easily get to Fry or Cinco Ranch Blvd. And within walking distance of the Highland park pool/rec center. You'll enjoy living there.

When I first started looking at it i noticed these positives like being near to both Fry road and Cinco Ranch, but because of the gas station i was a little hesistant.
Thanks for your views/opinion it helped us a lot.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 AM

44 posts, read 157,302 times
Pra27,

The village is "Cinco Ranch at Seven Meadows." I have also researched a lot in this phase.

- "baggiegenes" is right. That gas station has the lowest price tag in the area.
- The village is at a nice location. You can take Gaston to Westpart Tollway very easily (through a nice view of Seven Meadows and golf course).
- All homes are built by "one" builder - Highland Home, which, I believe, gives you a great warranty. Somebody in this forum said that its warranty is the best in Texas. I'm form Dallas area and very familiar with Highland. This can limit your choice if you don't like their plans.
- Design: Highland home gives you quite unique elevations (well, it depends on how you look at). I think their designs are quite different from many "boxy" house builders. According to my realtor, that is an advantage when you want to resell.
- It's a small village. There are only 60 lots in this phase. Many people living in this phase, according to my anonymous source, are business professionals and/or engineers, and have no or just 1-2 kids. I also saw a few Asian family.
- Gas station and small community mall: I have a problem with this issue too! I check with my realtor and my parent who has been in a real estate business for quite a while (30 years). They don't have a problem with the gas station. However, there are some lots (corner lots) that share the brick fence with gas station and future mall (North side). If you build in these lots, you may have a gas-and-mall view from your second storey. Also, there are a small green area between the subdivision fence and the gas & mall.
- The other side of this village is planned for the future trail but you also have power line (not a big pole). If that bothers you, pick the other lots.
- Gaston road is a two-lane road. There is no way to expand in the future. Good thing is you don't have to worry so much about noise from the road. Bad thing is you may be packed on the road if everyone take Gaston to get to the Tollway.
- There is no lake or huge green area in this subdivision but they build a small green area with playground for kids. The trail will be built on the East side of the village along the power line route. You might already see that.
- This is a "55" lot but you actually get 66 feet for your frontage. The average depth are about 116-124 feet. If you built a one or one and half storey, your backyard is not huge. If you prefer larger backyard, go with two storeys.

Good luck

Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 PM

25 posts, read 92,926 times
Great Advice. I fill-up at the Shell gas station regulary b/c of the low price. Gaston now connects to Fry Rd but might be congested when school starts with the new elemantary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston