Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 07:10 AM

9,862 posts, read 6,574,356 times

Advertisements

Woodlands Mall and town center getting $100M expansion. Can’t wait to see a rendering

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...expansion.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2022, 11:01 AM

219 posts, read 226,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Woodlands Mall and town center getting $100M expansion. Can’t wait to see a rendering

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...expansion.html
I thought this was a thread about CORE developments.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:10 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,068,399 times
Don't know if it's been posted but more development for the East side is materializing and I'm all for this stuff.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...n-17589799.php

Old 11-27-2022, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Don't know if it's been posted but more development for the East side is materializing and I'm all for this stuff.

I believe it has. I’m also excited about the Buffalo Bayou plans in that area

Old 11-27-2022, 01:15 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,618,388 times
Quote:

With this project, East River District and Eado that part of Houston is about to EXPLODE! I predict the eastside will be the hottest neighborhood in the city in 3 to 5 years and could become a tourist destination.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
With this project, East River District and Eado that part of Houston is about to EXPLODE! I predict the eastside will be the hottest neighborhood in the city in 3 to 5 years and could become a tourist destination.
The project shown below is another key element to the future of that area.

Quote:
$100 Million East of Downtown Buffalo Bayou Park Project in the works. This will pair very well with East River

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...n-17467754.php

Old 11-27-2022, 01:38 PM

Agree that area is an exciting potential.

Other good candidates I see:

River Oaks - I realize this may throw people off, but hear me out. River Oaks has seen a wave of transformational developments that are well past its history of residential mansions. The projects like Autry Park, The RO, etc are really starting to come together and become close enough from one another that they’ll start a wave of cohesiveness with eachother. I remember walking in the old River oaks shopping center and seeing Autry Park right next to me and thinking “imagine this once that opens”. The old AIG campus which is the new Corebridge headquarters is not too far away and there’s a lot of nice urban development in between that whole area. This is one to look out for imo.

I’m specifically referring to “northern River Oaks” which is closed to the Alan Parkway. Although southern river oaks has its set of nice new things as well (River oaks district for example), but that side is more connected to Uotown.

Texas Medical Center - Again, another “throw me off” moment because TMC has been there and has been a major thing for a long time. But again and similar to River Oaks, it’s newer projects are transforming life in the area. TMC’s past is a very nice but scene of mostly hospitals. They’re not only hospitals anymore, they actually have ground level retail. Intercontinental Hotel, Blossom Hotel. And the big 3 biotech campuses (A&M InnoPlaza, Levit Green and especially TMC3) speak for themselves. But even beyond that, TMC is neighbors with Rice, Museum District, Herman Park. The revamping of the south tip of Midtown adds the cherry on top.

Old 11-27-2022, 02:11 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,022,267 times
Quote:

River Oaks - I realize this may throw people off, but hear me out. River Oaks has seen a wave of transformational developments that are well past its history of residential mansions. The projects like Autry Park, The RO, etc are really starting to come together and become close enough from one another that they’ll start a wave of cohesiveness with eachother. I remember walking in the old River oaks shopping center and seeing Autry Park right next to me and thinking “imagine this once that opens”. The old AIG campus which is the new Corebridge headquarters is not too far away and there’s a lot of nice urban development in between that whole area. This is one to look out for imo.

I’m specifically referring to “northern River Oaks” which is closed to the Alan Parkway. Although southern river oaks has its set of nice new things as well (River oaks district for example), but that side is more connected to Uotown.

Texas Medical Center - Again, another “throw me off” moment because TMC has been there and has been a major thing for a long time. But again and similar to River Oaks, it’s newer projects are transforming life in the area. TMC’s past is a very nice but scene of mostly hospitals. They’re not only hospitals anymore, they actually have ground level retail. Intercontinental Hotel, Blossom Hotel. And the big 3 biotech campuses (A&M InnoPlaza, Levit Green and especially TMC3) speak for themselves. But even beyond that, TMC is neighbors with Rice, Museum District, Herman Park. The revamping of the south tip of Midtown adds the cherry on top.
seems like downtown Houston is surrounded, in a good way…

Old 11-27-2022, 03:52 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:

It seems like with all of these projects especially high-rise projects could one day connect the skylines of TMC, River Oaks and downtown. Very excited that the eastside is getting more development.

Old 11-28-2022, 11:27 AM

829 posts, read 451,164 times
Quote:

That area around the coffee plant/second ward green line station really has so much development slated for it. That place is gonna look so different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston