Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 07:34 AM

10,027 posts, read 6,722,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Yes, because we know rock stars are such well-behaved and polite members of society

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ar_crimes.html

Unfortunately, rappers don't get the privilege of having cops look the other way like they do with rock stars.

You can now go back to yelling at the clouds and telling kids to get off your lawn, old man. LOL
I didn’t wanna say anything, but this 100%. Rock music was literally the hip hop of previous times when it came to violent lyrics. Only difference is rappers are black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 07:59 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,252,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Gotcha. Destiny’s Child for sure is an exception. But no other rock bands I can think of
Blue October and The Hunger - although they are part rock and part something else.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:28 AM

2,447 posts, read 2,550,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Blue October and The Hunger - although they are part rock and part something else.
Not that global level.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I didn’t wanna say anything, but this 100%. Rock music was literally the hip hop of previous times when it came to violent lyrics. Only difference is rappers are black.
A lot less violent and a lot less criminal in general.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:37 AM

10,027 posts, read 6,722,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Not that global level.
Except Destiny’s Child. That one was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
A lot less violent and a lot less criminal in general.
Imagine actually believing this.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Yes, because we know rock stars are such well-behaved and polite members of society

Unfortunately, rappers don't get the privilege of having cops look the other way like they do with rock stars.

You can now go back to yelling at the clouds and telling kids to get off your lawn, old man. LOL
BS. Rock stars also do $hitty things for sure, however most of that stuff is not gang activity. I don't see their privilege: they went to prison when needed. Many rappers in the list above were acquitted.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Except Destiny’s Child. That one was.
That's awesome! Let's keep them in the list!

Old 08-05-2021, 06:49 AM

1,952 posts, read 837,112 times
There are tons of artists in the Texas Red Dirt Music/Outlaw Country scene from Houston or surrounding areas. This is the genre that is taking over, as we see traditional FM radio country music die on the vine.

Cody Johnson, Roger Creager, Cory Morrow, Rodney Crowell, Jack Ingram and others...all from the Houston area.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:08 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,058,853 times
ZZ Top always presented itself as a class act from Texas. Dusty will be missed as part of that trio. Condolences to Billy and Frank. They didn’t just lose a bandmate; after this many years together - they lost a family member.

Old 08-08-2021, 12:17 AM

940 posts, read 1,907,975 times
Quote:

Anyone else wonder how these geniuses assume your sex? And your age? Not to mention getting off on their own humor. Like really, LOL all day genius.

Hey genius: firing off weapons at people is a rap thing. That's the reason for there being a list of 30 in my previous post, and you come back with a list of 10 and exactly half of those 10 are so obscure nobody knows who they are. I mean "GG Allin", "Randy Blythe", "Ian Watkins", "Varg Vikernes", "Marilyn Manson"??? 'scuse me you must have missed the reference to CLASSIC ROCK in my post which expunges any need for punk rock (Sid Vicious), and shock rock consideration in the point. Speaking of LOL I'm sure there are thousands of felons in prison who have picked up an instrument and nobody ever heard of them either.

Oh and there was a point to all this and that is hip hop and rap don't devolve or evolve, they have been where they are for 30 years for a reason, the underclasses are stuck with it, for the next 50 years. I'm a sideman at a jam at The Spot club and I occasionally get young guys in their early 20's over the years prying for any classic rock & R&B lore and admitting they are done with rap wasting their attention.

Last edited by groovamos; 08-08-2021 at 12:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston