Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 01:22 PM

9,907 posts, read 6,617,073 times

Advertisements

How times change! These threads went from “why no 7 elevens” to “looks like we are getting one”. But the crazy thing is, JUST last year we have NONE besides that one in Sugar Land. Now they’re all over on every corner! I literally see like 3 or 4 within a few miles from each other in some places. Don’t get me started on Sawdust Rd. May as well change its name for 7 eleven Rd because they have so many.

7 Eleven is giving Timewise and Circle K some serious competition. That said, I’ve also noticed the quality go up in those two recently. I’m sure 7 elevens emergence had a lot to do with that.

Except in the inner loop, there aren’t many there. Timewise and Circle K remain kings of the inner loop.

What I want to know though, is how a brand can go from no locations to dominating the scene within just a year? I get the stripes acquisition gave them a footing here. And their purchase of Houston’s Raceway franchisee further solidified this. And they also had a real estate portfolio laid out here for a while now that helped them. But it’s still shocking to me how in a city the size of Houston you can go from none to way too many that fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 02:26 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,065,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
How times change! These threads went from “why no 7 elevens” to “looks like we are getting one”. But the crazy thing is, JUST last year we have NONE besides that one in Sugar Land. Now they’re all over on every corner! I literally see like 3 or 4 within a few miles from each other in some places. Don’t get me started on Sawdust Rd. May as well change its name for 7 eleven Rd because they have so many.

7 Eleven is giving Timewise and Circle K some serious competition. That said, I’ve also noticed the quality go up in those two recently. I’m sure 7 elevens emergence had a lot to do with that.

Except in the inner loop, there aren’t many there. Timewise and Circle K remain kings of the inner loop.

What I want to know though, is how a brand can go from no locations to dominating the scene within just a year? I get the stripes acquisition gave them a footing here. And their purchase of Houston’s Raceway franchisee further solidified this. And they also had a real estate portfolio laid out here for a while now that helped them. But it’s still shocking to me how in a city the size of Houston you can go from none to way too many that fast.
Most 7-Eleven's I have ever seen is in Bangkok. There are usually two within walking distance of almost any spot, and you will even see them in high-end mall locations. They have an amazing array of items.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:47 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,587,409 times
With Racetrac out, 7 Eleven and Mobil Mart (Timewise) are coming in.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
With Racetrac out, 7 Eleven and Mobil Mart (Timewise) are coming in.
Mobil Mart were turned to Circle K and Timewise. They purchased them out

Old 07-26-2021, 01:52 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,528,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
Most 7-Eleven's I have ever seen is in Bangkok. There are usually two within walking distance of almost any spot, and you will even see them in high-end mall locations. They have an amazing array of items.
Same thing in Seoul.
Houston is becoming more like Seoul and Bangkok that is not a bad thing!

Old 07-26-2021, 02:19 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,629 times
I'm glad to see the return of 7-11 in Houston. I just hope they all don't suffer from the broken slurpee machines like the ones that opened here earlier in it's infancy.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I'm glad to see the return of 7-11 in Houston. I just hope they all don't suffer from the broken slurpee machines like the ones that opened here earlier in it's infancy.
If that’s a problem anywhere, it won’t be in Houston. 7 eleven has made their mark in Houston. They specifically made each of them futuristic to give a good look to the market here. Even the coffee machines here are ahead of the curve. In happy for the competition they’re giving Circle K and Timewise for sure.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:42 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,566,806 times
I'm happy to see 7-11s popping up all over. They were my daily coffee in LA, and I have a ton of rewards points to use. Hopefully we don't get the fake ones that don't participate in the special deals and rewards points. I specifically marked the fake ones to avoid in SoCal.

Houston used to be a desert of good convenience stores, glad to see it changing. Circle Ks have really stepped it up in the past few years. I think Quiktrip is going to pop in Houston next, they are filling San Antonio and Austin, much better than 7-11.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
I'm happy to see 7-11s popping up all over. They were my daily coffee in LA, and I have a ton of rewards points to use. Hopefully we don't get the fake ones that don't participate in the special deals and rewards points. I specifically marked the fake ones to avoid in SoCal.

Houston used to be a desert of good convenience stores, glad to see it changing. Circle Ks have really stepped it up in the past few years. I think Quiktrip is going to pop in Houston next, they are filling San Antonio and Austin, much better than 7-11.
7 Eleven coffee is where it’s at!!! I love how all of the Houston locations have the machines that grind and brew right in front of you.

I’ve also noticed what you said of quality c stores. I love the competition 7 eleven adds. Circle K and Timewise are forced to step their games up. When QuikTrip comes in, the competition will be great.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:07 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,587,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Mobil Mart were turned to Circle K and Timewise. They purchased them out
How long ago? The two racetracs near me were converted to Mobil Mart a few months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston