Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2023, 08:05 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,481,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
I don’t care if they’re democrat or republican and I’m pretty far from being a republican. Any judge that thinks it’s a good idea to reduce this piece of sh*t’s bond should be removed. You can clearly tell the dumba** has no remorse for what he did.
Here’s the thing: the rallying cry is that it’s a bunch of soft on criminals Democrats that prefer to employ the hug a thug method as opposed to punishing criminals. That is what the entire theme of this thread is. Thats why it isn’t surprising nobody bothered to check to see if that was indeed the case.

My main beef with this thread is that there is too many who can’t keep two thoughts in their head at the same time: 1) Houston has a violent crime problem and 2) there are many factors at play as to why that is including national trends, the pandemic, and poverty. It’s not surprising. People don’t like critical thinking, they like simple answers. This is perfect for partisan media and our politicians that were a nation of simpletons. That makes us easy to control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2023, 09:10 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,757,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Here’s the thing: the rallying cry is that it’s a bunch of soft on criminals Democrats that prefer to employ the hug a thug method as opposed to punishing criminals. That is what the entire theme of this thread is. Thats why it isn’t surprising nobody bothered to check to see if that was indeed the case.

My main beef with this thread is that there is too many who can’t keep two thoughts in their head at the same time: 1) Houston has a violent crime problem and 2) there are many factors at play as to why that is including national trends, the pandemic, and poverty. It’s not surprising. People don’t like critical thinking, they like simple answers. This is perfect for partisan media and our politicians that were a nation of simpletons. That makes us easy to control.
Oh cry me a river, no one is holding a gun to your head and making you follow the thread. let’s stick to the facts and add context on how we can pull ourselves out of this mess.

Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep a box of Kleenex, next time you’re reading this thread.

Old 03-25-2023, 09:34 AM

829 posts, read 450,537 times
Quote:

Can’t rep but +1. Spot on. I’ve seen lots of “it’s the dems fault” on here but this is much bigger than a partisan issue. People here like to point out the increase in crime post pandemic as unique to Houston when it’s a far larger national trend, for both democrat and republican controlled places. It seems people here also have an agenda too. We can admit Houston has a violent crime problem for sure (it really does as lots of cities do) but I’ve seen many posters here thinking this is a Houston only issue. I mean how many posters here were praising how much safer Dallas was and fast forward to now, where Dallas had a higher homicide rate in 2022 and in the first 3 months of 2023 Dallas has almost the same amount of homicides as Houston despite being half of Houston’s size.

Old 03-25-2023, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Oh cry me a river, no one is holding a gun to your head and making you follow the thread. let’s stick to the facts and add context on how we can pull ourselves out of this mess.

Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep a box of Kleenex, next time you’re reading this thread.
You’re the queen of no context.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:05 AM

Quote:
You’re the queen of no context.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Oh sweetheart, stop being so predictable.

Old 03-25-2023, 02:43 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,521,447 times
Houston teen, 17, charged with vicious 'jugging attack' that left woman paralyzed slams victim for making $318,000 off GoFundMe page and 'wanting more than justice' in sick jailhouse call

A teen suspect charged in the violent robbery of a 44-year-old Vietnamese mom who was left paralyzed has made sick phone calls from jail slamming her for setting up a GoFundMe.

Joseph Harrell was allegedly caught on camera as he body-slammed Nhung Truong on to the concrete as tried to steal cash from her, leaving her with serious bodily injuries from which she may never recover.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ito=msngallery

Old 03-25-2023, 09:16 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,215,538 times
even offering them bail is a problem I have - yes I know they have rights but if he is already an offender why is he even being given that option? Is the law that poorly loose where you can't just throw away the key if they've proven to violate a second chance?

As a woman - I thought the judge would've had some remorse just for that sake - to hell with politics

in some cases - the family may not want this guy even back with them

but the real problem stems from not letting folks discipline these kids years ago - you take corporal punishment out the schools - mothers have gotten softer and defend bad kids - kids being labeled special ed and getting passed on without no accountability

in some cases, folks didn't like excessive police beatings and rightfully so but some folks need it when caught

Old 03-25-2023, 09:34 PM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
even offering them bail is a problem I have - yes I know they have rights but if he is already an offender why is he even being given that option? Is the law that poorly loose where you can't just throw away the key if they've proven to violate a second chance?

As a woman - I thought the judge would've had some remorse just for that sake - to hell with politics

in some cases - the family may not want this guy even back with them

but the real problem stems from not letting folks discipline these kids years ago - you take corporal punishment out the schools - mothers have gotten softer and defend bad kids - kids being labeled special ed and getting passed on without no accountability

in some cases, folks didn't like excessive police beatings and rightfully so but some folks need it when caught
Harrell hasn't been convicted of any crimes as an adult. He has a misdemeanor charge from January for carrying a handgun, then the two new charges from last week. He's still in jail, as his family can't make the bail.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Harrell hasn't been convicted of any crimes as an adult.
lol he’s 17, you act as if it’s been awhile since he’s been in trouble. Good grief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston