Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 04:48 PM

684 posts, read 2,110,253 times

Advertisements

Now that our home in Graystone Hills (Conroe) is closed, and we have our tenant all moved in (Yay!) We are looking to buy a home for investment that would be *reasonably* close to GS, in an area that would be attractive to a potential tenant. Lennar has a subdivision in Magnolia, about 1 mile from the
back side of The Woodlands called Forest Crossing. Does anyone know anything about the community, or the area?? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 05:42 PM

799 posts, read 3,694,285 times
No, but I'd be intersted in checking it out. I will get back to you with what I come up with.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
No, but I'd be intersted in checking it out. I will get back to you with what I come up with.
Thanks SkyeAnjel!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:40 AM

MissDaisy, it has a good school district, 2 active listings, 1 pending sale, 17 sales and the rest(out of 31) were terminated listings. I'm not sure I would consider this area because there doesn't seem to be anything to do, no community pool and I am guessing they are still building. You may do better to find an established neighborhood with good schools , a pool, a park etc. at a good price and make it over into a nice home for someone such as put in new countertops, or flooring etc. and lease it at a good price.
I would like to go through there to see what kind of neighborhood it is. Maybe they have a community stuff they aren't advertising. The homes seem to be well priced.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the input and research, SkyeAnjel, the fact that the subdivision did not have a pool was a concern to me as well, considering the searing hot summers, I believe having a community pool increases marketabilility, increases value (rental income), and since we deal with our tenants one-on-one, their comfort is paramount to our business philosophy. We are not "moguls" by any means (it's just my husband and I, with a couple of properties) nor are we "slum lords"--we prefer to have a few very nice properties, in good neighborhoods, which in our experience attracts good quality, long term tenants. (virtually all of our tenants over the past 12 years have moved out of our homes because they bought homes themselves.
One of our previous tenants stayed with us for six years, one current one will be with us 5 years this summer.
There is another new subdivision, Hidden Creek, same models as Forest Crossing, and it DOES have a pool, Conroe 77301, at the bottom of loop 336,
between 105 and 242, very close to The Woodlands, but apparently on the
"wrong" side of 45....is that true about 45? I keep hearing "west is best"

Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 PM

West (of 45) is best when buying, you will get more out of resale. The Woodlands has great marketing which basically says, if your not here, your nowhere. The truth is if oyu are there you will pay to be there LOL!
If you buy east of 45, you will get alot more home for your money and have close access to The Woodlands. Make sure you have a nice neighborhood, and a community pool is important for people with children because it does get so hot, and is zoned to a good school, doesn't have to be exemplary, just good, you will be fine. In general, people want a reasonably priced home is a safe neighborhood with safe schools with access to shopping and doctors etc.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:04 PM

Schools are Ruyan Elementary, Travis Intermediate, Washington Jr Hi
Conroe Hi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston