Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 10:50 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Very off topic but you been to Punto Fijo lately? I haven’t been in almost 6 years and I’m planning a trip soon. Would be nice to hear the perspective from someone who’s visits less frequently of how things are there.
Sorry man, last time was in 2016 so I don’t think I can help you much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 05:32 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTEMT-B View Post
Who are the ****heads? Conservatives, or..? I’m confused.

I actually love the idea of living somewhere with more Mexican-Americans. I find many of them to have very similar values to mine, and fantastic food. Beautiful women as well.
Oh no, I think he meant racists. TBH we could possibly statistically figure this out but I would say generally The Woodlands/Northern Spring/Conroe area is the most conservative in Houston followed by Crosby(which is likely more conservative than Montgomery County but is a small town near the city and development hasn’t hit the area so it’s hard to call it a bastion of conservatism), League City, Cypress-Tomball-Magnolia-Spring.

If I had to rank from most Conservative to least out of the bigger suburbs it would go.

Kingwood
The Woodlands
Conroe
Friendswood
League City
Spring
Clear Lake
Cypress
Klein
Katy
Baytown

The last 4 are probably going blue 2020.
Sugar Land
Pearland
Richmond
Pasadena
Missouri City

Smaller burbs like Fulshear, Tomball, Crosby, Alvin are deep red. Especially the ones on the outskirts.

Old 07-15-2020, 11:30 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,525,391 times
I'm glad I live in a fairly conservative area. But this fact doesn't help much if you are surrounded by a bunch of damn liberals in other areas...

Old 07-16-2020, 10:00 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
I'm glad I live in a fairly conservative area. But this fact doesn't help much if you are surrounded by a bunch of damn liberals in other areas...
If it upsets you, then the Houston area and large-metro Texas probably aren't for you. West Texas or another state like Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, or Idaho would fit you better. Of course, the places were those "liberal Californians" are moving to (like Boise) are already becoming more liberal...

Old 07-16-2020, 10:11 AM

8,352 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
If it upsets you, then the Houston area and large-metro Texas probably aren't for you. West Texas or another state like Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, or Idaho would fit you better. Of course, the places were those "liberal Californians" are moving to (like Boise) are already becoming more liberal...
I wouldnt put Utah in with those other states. It may be conservative, but its not Trump conservative. He only got 45% of the vote there.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:12 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I wouldnt put Utah in with those other states. It may be conservative, but its not Trump conservative. He only got 45% of the vote there.
I get that, but some folks don't define Trump as conservative anyway.

Old 07-16-2020, 02:02 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Oh no, I think he meant racists. TBH we could possibly statistically figure this out but I would say generally The Woodlands/Northern Spring/Conroe area is the most conservative in Houston followed by Crosby(which is likely more conservative than Montgomery County but is a small town near the city and development hasn’t hit the area so it’s hard to call it a bastion of conservatism), League City, Cypress-Tomball-Magnolia-Spring.

If I had to rank from most Conservative to least out of the bigger suburbs it would go.

Kingwood
The Woodlands
Conroe
Friendswood
League City
Spring
Clear Lake
Cypress
Klein
Katy
Baytown

The last 4 are probably going blue 2020.
Sugar Land
Pearland
Richmond
Pasadena
Missouri City

Smaller burbs like Fulshear, Tomball, Crosby, Alvin are deep red. Especially the ones on the outskirts.
I really appreciate this post. I am decidedly NOT conservative and do not want to end up in a conservative area. This list works both ways and it gives all of us readers a good sense of the ideological lay of the suburbs.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:24 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,525,391 times
And also don't go to Crystal Beach...water is dirty and everywhere people driving ATVs with Trump 2020 flags and even confederate flags I felt sorry for Biden... couldn't find any Biden flags at all

Old 07-16-2020, 03:39 PM

8,352 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
And also don't go to Crystal Beach...water is dirty and everywhere people driving ATVs with Trump 2020 flags and even confederate flags I felt sorry for Biden... couldn't find any Biden flags at all
I dont know that Biden flags exist.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:46 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Quote:
I feel the opposite as you do, I live around a bunch of old angry white tRump cult members
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston