Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 06:49 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,571,376 times

Advertisements

To all Houston newcomers, Welcome To Houston. One thing you should know is that here in Houston, we sip syrup, wear diamond grills in our mouth, bang screw, and ride on swangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xopPrJecCs8

Enjoy The H.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 4 days ago)

8,374 posts, read 5,536,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
To all Houston newcomers, Welcome To Houston. One thing you should know is that here in Houston, we sip syrup, wear diamond grills in our mouth, bang screw, and ride on swangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xopPrJecCs8

Enjoy The H.
No "WE" dont. Most of us are relatively normal.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:57 AM

570 posts, read 561,779 times
Houstonians also bang that screw & sip that syrup. Draped up dripped out know what I'm talking about.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,278,189 times
Yes welcome to Houston where we support our local hometown universities.

I'm all for Slim Thug since he flat out said "I rep for UH."

Along with Paul Wall, who attended UH, they composed this masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMPaUVq-UsE

Quote:
Cause when you diss the Cougars man, you dissing Houston, Texas
https://beelyrics.net/music/286-slim...ng-lyrics.html

Last edited by DanielWayne; 08-24-2019 at 09:53 AM..

Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 AM

333 posts, read 262,268 times
Welcome to the land where it just don't stop

Old 08-24-2019, 10:00 AM

472 posts, read 337,505 times
Wake up, my brothers and sisters of humanity to the illusion that is race.

When you see a group of dogs playing on a field, do you see the Golden Retrievers sticking together, apart from the Black Labradors?

When you see a group of cats in a room, do you see the Calico cats staying apart from the Siamese cats?

Do we see humans living in separate neighborhoods for blondes versus redheads?

Do blue-eyed people shy away from green-eyed people?

Do tall people group together on one side of the room apart from short people?

Look at any elementary school cafeteria. Children of all races sit wherever they want. And the result is that they mix themselves perfectly, unknowingly. Little children don’t understand the illusion that is race.

Or look at any homeless shelter or soup kitchen. There is no segregation.

I someday hope to visit the Dominican Republic. It’s currently 16% black, 14% white, and 70% mixed. Now that’s the kind of distribution we should expect to see in a society where intermarriage of people of different skin tones is common.

Do our Census forms ask us to identify our eye colors? Our hair colors? Short or tall? Those would be ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as our skin tone, whether orange or peach-colored or dark brown or tan or a pale creamy yellow or albino. Race is an illusion. Let today be the day that skin color becomes meaningless, insignificant, trivial to you. Don’t let the lies of the world compromise your humanity. Your future spouse or best friend or employer or child may be someone with a different skin tone.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:04 AM

63 posts, read 55,204 times
When I was a kid growing up in the 2000s local Houston rap/hip hop was at its prime, it was so popular literally everyone was listening to Paul wall, Mike Jones, Bun B, slim thug, chamillionaire, dj screw, dj penetrate...All the kids were into that local culture, middle school kids in my class that were MAJORITY WHITE were even wearing grilles... those were the days

Old 08-26-2019, 10:07 AM

11,133 posts, read 7,195,916 times
I'm surprised this thread has been closed yet. Why falsely elevate/promote a niche group that doesn't represent the area by any stretch of the imagination?

Old 08-26-2019, 10:42 AM

3,182 posts, read 2,068,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaraa View Post
When I was a kid growing up in the 2000s local Houston rap/hip hop was at its prime, it was so popular literally everyone was listening to Paul wall, Mike Jones, Bun B, slim thug, chamillionaire, dj screw, dj penetrate...All the kids were into that local culture, middle school kids in my class that were MAJORITY WHITE were even wearing grilles... those were the days
Same. Good times for sure. Huge numbers of young people, regardless of race, were into that scene in the late 90s, early 2000s. That timeframe put Houston music and culture on the map for a good chunk of the country.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:24 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,571,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'm surprised this thread has been closed yet. Why falsely elevate/promote a niche group that doesn't represent the area by any stretch of the imagination?
Everything I described is a part of urban Houston culture, like it or not. You don’t have to partake in that stuff in order to know about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston