Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 04:38 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,805,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
The Cypress to Galleria commute will be a breeze when the Hwy 290 freeway expansion finishes next year. Great area, where you can find, trees, green spaces, good schools, excellent demographics, etc.
Don't buy into this propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 05:27 PM

89 posts, read 80,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Don't buy into this propaganda.
Agreed. There's no such thing as a city/suburb commuter breeze in Houston's notoriously infamous traffic. Houston freeways are not so much freeways, but gigantic parking lots.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:04 AM

37 posts, read 83,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I'll just add Sienna Plantation to the list. Fort Bend Toll Rd. terminates in the neighborhood, homes are right in your price range. All three levels of school are within the confines of the neighborhood, and highly regarded. Copious amenities, and very safe.

My drive to the Galleria is 22 miles, and takes about 40 minutes leaving at 8 a.m. Most of that is sitting on 610.
Thanks mikeyyc - I will add it to the list.

One thing I have noticed is a few listings with outrageous HOA dues, some showing $800 to $1100 per month. Were those misprints or do some neighborhoods actually have HOA's that high.

For that price they better come clean my house and make me breakfast!

Old 03-15-2017, 08:39 AM
fnh

2,886 posts, read 3,944,169 times
Those HOA dues seem very high for SFHs. Sounds more typical of the annual cost.

Highway 290 is one that many love to hate on but in reality it is no slower than any other in town, even during the construction which is nearing completion next year. Our commute via 290 from just inside the beltway to the Galleria takes 20-30 minutes at peak rush hour. We live in a beautiful leafy neighborhood with amenities and good schools.

Children At Risk conducts the most comprehensive rankings analysis of Houston (and Texas) schools. All of the raw data are linked as well:School Rankings | CHILDREN AT RISK

Old 03-15-2017, 12:34 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,397,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingerb View Post
Thanks mikeyyc - I will add it to the list.

One thing I have noticed is a few listings with outrageous HOA dues, some showing $800 to $1100 per month. Were those misprints or do some neighborhoods actually have HOA's that high.

For that price they better come clean my house and make me breakfast!
Sienna's are right around $1000 a year. if you're looking on HAR, the number listed for HOA fees is the annual amount.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:11 PM

13 posts, read 16,720 times
Check out Pomona in the Pearland area. It's technically Manvel (the road along which it's located creates the separation between the two), but it has many of the check boxes you're looking for. It's all new construction and there are several high-end builders to choose from. They have the square footage you're looking for, excellent schools and most are within your price range.

Here's a link: New Homes in Manvel, Homes in Pearland TX, Pomona

Old 03-15-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Sienna's are right around $1000 a year. if you're looking on HAR, the number listed for HOA fees is the annual amount.
I think redfin is just messing up the amount, it says this is monthly but it surely is only annual. otherwise no one would buy that house.

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Richmond/1...home/109103753

shows $1105 per month!

Old 03-15-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecity View Post
Check out Pomona in the Pearland area. It's technically Manvel (the road along which it's located creates the separation between the two), but it has many of the check boxes you're looking for. It's all new construction and there are several high-end builders to choose from. They have the square footage you're looking for, excellent schools and most are within your price range.

Here's a link: New Homes in Manvel, Homes in Pearland TX, Pomona
Thanks - looks like a nice neighborhood. 21 miles to my office - 25 minutes with no traffic...ha

Old 03-16-2017, 08:03 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,805,770 times
Google nape has an option to see drive times at certain times of the day so you can put in 7 am On a Tuesday or whatever to get a better feel.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:10 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,397,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingerb View Post
I think redfin is just messing up the amount, it says this is monthly but it surely is only annual. otherwise no one would buy that house.

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Richmond/1...home/109103753

shows $1105 per month!
That's in Aliana. That would be an annual number. It's called Richmond, but it's not really Richmond.

If you look on the map, Aliana is outlined in red. Richmond is down in the bottom left, off of 90a and 59.
https://goo.gl/maps/r9JTRbq8asx
Also your drive would be hell from there.

The best thing you can do is come down for a few days, get a lay of the land, and a list of places that you'd like to see and go from there. Houston is so spread out, it's tough to put it all in perspective without boots on the ground, so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston