Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 05:31 AM

392 posts, read 322,674 times

Advertisements

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...ices-rose.html

Interesting read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 01:41 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,716,178 times
I'm sure those numbers will change. The oil companies took a bit hit but are now slowly coming back. The economy will be coming back. I do know Fulshear will bounce back stronger than ever once the Westpark Tollway is expanded. It's under construction now but I could see that being a major hit on someone wanting a new home out there. A smooth commute is the big reason why people move out to the boonies. In the case of Simonton 2016 saw major flooding so of course that impacts sales and recovery.

Brookshire has poor roads in a lot of areas. They also have flooding. Then there's all those warehouses near I-10.

I'm pretty sure it's schools that bring people to a newer area. You'd have to look at the various school districts and if they've improved to see if the revolving trends include them. I'm pretty sure they do.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:28 PM

1,522 posts, read 1,828,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
A smooth commute is the big reason why people move out to the boonies.
?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:46 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,809,430 times
The boom on the east side will continue this year and likely plateau next year. It is all part of a series of multi billion $ petrochemical expansions, mostly related to plastics.

Parts of Clear Lake have seen a steady increase during this "downturn" as well, but nothing like those percentages in that article. We saw increases since 2012 when oil was booming--- smaller than the west side, but those increases have continued since then. Once chemicals come down, hopefully NASA's 2020 thing will continue to carry us.

Anyway it just looks like the undervalued areas have corrected themselves.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:05 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,716,178 times
gwarnecke -

I would think most people would want a decent way to get to their job, which is their commute. Heaven knows there's various ways to get into Houston and everyone is looking for the fastest way with fewer delays. How do you judge your drive to work? Wasn't that a deciding factor in where you live? It was for me.

Fulshear is booming because of the Westpark Tollway, just as all those communities are springing up around SH99. .. Even more as it's expanding. Communities build where the major routes are, where the good schools are, and yeah I stand by my statement!

Old 03-05-2017, 06:06 AM

1,522 posts, read 1,828,967 times
I always thought that people moved out to the far burbs in spite of the long/inconvenient commute (unless they work from home or their company is also located in the far suburbs).

Regardless of the west park tollway expansion, I wouldn't consider a commute from Fulshear to Downtown or the Galleria to be convenient by any stretch of the imagination, unless perhaps I was moving to Houston from Beijing or Moscow.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:51 PM

9 posts, read 13,301 times
Is it just me or are prices being slashed on homes? I keep hearing that inventory/existing homes are getting huge markdowns. I am getting a home in Aliana/Richmond (so my search criteria is mostly FBISD), and all this talk is making me jittery. Having lost money in the previous housing downturn (in a different state), the thought of getting a home at the wrong time (again) keeps me up at night. Sigh!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston