Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:59 AM
MxL MxL started this thread

92 posts, read 510,024 times

Advertisements

I think it would be interesting to see your lists of both the best and worst things about living in The Woodlands. My fiance and I are going to be moving to the Conroe/Woodlands area this upcoming spring and would like to hear more about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
i would assume that the best part of living in the woodlands is the natural beauty and everything that town offers

the worst part would be the fact that it's still the suburbs and it's pretty far from central Houston.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:49 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,855 times
I don't live in the Woodlands, but we visit there often.

~The worst thing for us is all the congestion.
~The best is all the family friendly restaurants & shopping.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:53 PM

684 posts, read 2,110,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxL View Post
I think it would be interesting to see your lists of both the best and worst things about living in The Woodlands. My fiance and I are going to be moving to the Conroe/Woodlands area this upcoming spring and would like to hear more about it.
We are moving to the same area-where did you purchase/lease?

Old 02-23-2008, 02:57 PM

93 posts, read 418,127 times
Shopping and dining would be the best things and traffic would be the worse in my opinion.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:10 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Worst: Dining, its Chaingrala.
What isolation from reality does to its residents.
Graduated Association Fee and high taxes.
The commute. Makes my "best" part look not so wonderful.

Best: What you get for the money. You can get a house for 400k that would cost 1.5 million in Houston.
The schools don't have gangs or violence problems yet.
There are a lot of community parks (Just don't buy next to one).

Old 02-24-2008, 09:32 AM
MxL MxL started this thread

92 posts, read 510,024 times
Default MissDaisy:

MissDaisy:

We're going to rent at "Pine Creek Ranch" on College Park. Visited there and loved the complex and the area. I agree with some that it can get congested in the busy areas, but it's no worse than Houston. I liked the natural beauty that exists in the area and the access to amenities. Obviously the most fun resides in Houston, but we don't mind the occaisional drive in so we don't get too bored of the burbs.

We visited Sugar Land on one of our visits and I really did not like it at all. We didn't venture around too much, but to me it seemed like it was just a big mall and that's it. The traffic was horrid too and you couldn't find anywhere to park -- worse than what we experienced in The Woodlands. I know all suburbs are cookie-cutter to an extent, but it seems that The Woodlands has a shot of something more that keeps it unique (in relation to other burbs).

Old 02-24-2008, 10:08 AM

637 posts, read 3,237,273 times
Worst: Getting to the freeway if you live in the back of the Woodlands.
Having the upper middle class yuppies tailgating you trying to "get ahead" (kinda like Calif). As a matter of fact it is like most Ca burbs only with lots of trees

Best: Lots of parks & walking trails
Great access to lots of retail/shopping
Master planned and well laid out with preservation of trees
Close to Lake Conroe if you have a boat.
Close to Houston to visit museums/sporting events as long as you don't have to commute there to work everyday.
Safe neighborhoods
Good schools

Old 02-29-2008, 07:28 PM

410 posts, read 1,682,510 times
worst...traffic

best...bronze sculptures

Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 PM

13 posts, read 13,110 times
Best: The place is pretty beautiful and has good schools.

Worst: A lot of the people I know from there are very nice. Stepford wife-ish. (No offense.) Kinda blends in with a stereotype of a suburb you would expect of Dallas. Culturally bland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston