Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 12:29 PM

6,301 posts, read 7,541,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Hey I am not knocking the strides Houston has made toward diversifying but it still has a while to go to really be on Dallas's level of diverse. SA even has Texas beat .
We get it Radio, and we're on it, let us know when we got it right ok ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 12:32 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,050,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
We get it Radio, and we're on it, let us know when we got it right ok ?
Actually you guys should let me know since you know all about Houston's economy.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Actually you guys should let me know since you know all about Houston's economy.

Radio somehow I just don't believe that you would believe us anyway, especially if there's some website out there somewhere that has us behind Dallas or San Antonio...

Old 05-28-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Radio somehow I just don't believe that you would believe us anyway, especially if there's some website out there somewhere that has us behind Dallas or San Antonio...
Only as far as diversified economy, yes San Antonio and Dallas are ahead of Houston.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Only as far as diversified economy, yes San Antonio and Dallas are ahead of Houston.

OK, like I said we got it, and we are on it, and as soon as we think you will be satisfied, we will call you with the good news !

Old 05-28-2016, 01:12 PM

199 posts, read 177,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
I keep reading these news about layoffs and all. I mean there are so many layoffs you would think that people would default on their mortgage. At least you would think that house prices would go down since people are losing their jobs

Yet people around me talking about house price still going up. Some friends of mine bid for houses in richmond only to see somebody bidded higher. In my neighborhood in Stafford, house price still climbing slowly but there is no pull back.

And last week I got the letter from Ft bend county raising my house value 9.6% from previous year.

Any idea what is going on here?
Today, I noticed that a Facebook acquaintance who sold his condo had bid on a house in "Hobby", only to be outbid! Now, he is going to rent his former condo from the absentee Asian investors who purchased it from him in the first place. We are in a "world market" whether we like it or not. No matter how poor the economy is, rich foreign investors from emerging economies will arrive to buy up the homes in large cities. I'll be watching this FB friend to see if he will ever be able to escape his "condo hell."

Old 05-28-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
Today, I noticed that a Facebook acquaintance who sold his condo had bid on a house in "Hobby", only to be outbid! Now, he is going to rent his former condo from the absentee Asian investors who purchased it from him in the first place. We are in a "world market" whether we like it or not. No matter how poor the economy is, rich foreign investors from emerging economies will arrive to buy up the homes in large cities. I'll be watching this FB friend to see if he will ever be able to escape his "condo hell."
That didn't bode well for Californians who are being outbid by rich foreigners usually from Asia, usually from China. Huge swathes of LA and SF Bay Area are too expensive for the native residents to try and buy in because many Chinese looking to take their money out of Asia are buying homes for secondary purposes. Many are vacant too.

Are they doing it in Houston too?

Old 05-28-2016, 01:30 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,834,065 times
There are many Chinese investors paying cash for homes in the Sugar Land area.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:36 PM

199 posts, read 177,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
There are many Chinese investors paying cash for homes in the Sugar Land

area.
Ha. That's what I mean. Have we EVER had such an influx of foreign money in Houston before? Chinese population is HUGE and Houston is in their crosshairs.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
Ha. That's what I mean. Have we EVER had such an influx of foreign money in Houston before? Chinese population is HUGE and Houston is in their crosshairs.
That's not a good thing. It's been pretty bad for California cities. I wonder why they're looking at Houston? Houston home prices don't have nearly the same level of appreciation as CA homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston