Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 07:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Why bring an unnecessary party to the equation? I get that there are people who refuse to do anything without a realtor but I am not one of them. But the suggestion is noted.
The reason is the seller (home builders) look at realtors as their salespeople and like to see them paid. You are unlikely to get the same 2% off dealing with most home builders. Yes, I realize they ain't really needed but sometimes you have to go with the flow. Just do not be a sucker and fail to get a commission splitage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 06:01 AM

277 posts, read 304,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The reason is the seller (home builders) look at realtors as their salespeople and like to see them paid. You are unlikely to get the same 2% off dealing with most home builders. Yes, I realize they ain't really needed but sometimes you have to go with the flow. Just do not be a sucker and fail to get a commission splitage.
I remember all too well many lean bologna sandwich days due to a slow market...it's that frugality that would rather strive to get 4% off the price than take 2% return on monies I am paying interest and taxes on. I'll come back and share our final deal and see what the market bore.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:12 AM

214 posts, read 307,219 times
Some builders will deal on rolling the 3% back into the price, others won't. Find a builder willing to deal. I understand where the realtors are coming from BUT it is important to consider 2 things:
- The builders sales reps want to make a sale
- I don't know of a realtor that would refuse to take a client to look at builder that is known to give a commission back to buyers w/o realtors. At the end of the day, a sale is better than no sale, and there are too many other realtors willing to deal to allow for some who is principled against this practice to make a stand and be successful. I'm in sales (not real estate) but see many corollaries in my business to know that this is how the world works.
IMO

Old 04-30-2016, 09:34 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,019,617 times
It really boils down to demand on whether the builder will discount if you come without a realtor. Try it in Riverstone and you'll be laughed at by the sales reps if you try that tactic. Try it in Sienna, 50-50. Try it in Shadow Creek, it will work.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
It really boils down to demand on whether the builder will discount if you come without a realtor. Try it in Riverstone and you'll be laughed at by the sales reps if you try that tactic. Try it in Sienna, 50-50. Try it in Shadow Creek, it will work.
My point is that with a realtor it will work everywhere and you can split the realtor's commission.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:17 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,019,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My point is that with a realtor it will work everywhere and you can split the realtor's commission.
Agree. I wasn't replying to your post. Maybe I should have quoted to give context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston