Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 08:27 AM

672 posts, read 847,142 times

Advertisements

I think that it will get built.....that area of Montgomery County is getting ready to boom. They're almost done with the Grand Parkway extension on that side just a few miles away, and they started construction on the Valley Ranch Town Center Mall which is going to bring a lot of people into the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 02:30 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
I don't know why people treat these theme park topics like a joke.

Not only can Houston support a theme park, it NEEDS a theme park.

Earthquest Adventures would've been huge and eventualy grown to compete with the likes of Disney world, but they scrape that. Grand Texas really sounds lame.

I'm tired of Texas always being affiliated with cowboy hats and dust weeds.

That was NEVER a Texas thing.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:59 PM

5,613 posts, read 4,937,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I don't know why people treat these theme park topics like a joke.

Not only can Houston support a theme park, it NEEDS a theme park.

Earthquest Adventures would've been huge and eventualy grown to compete with the likes of Disney world, but they scrape that. Grand Texas really sounds lame.

I'm tired of Texas always being affiliated with cowboy hats and dust weeds.

That was NEVER a Texas thing.
Well, in the western and southern parts of the state, it was very much a thing. But that all really starts at least 200 miles from here. So, not terribly applicable to Houston. But if the park is meant to represent the whole state (Grand TEXAS) then it's not so inaccurate to include that element - as long as it's not the whole theme.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:03 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Well, in the western and southern parts of the state, it was very much a thing. But that all really starts at least 200 miles from here. So, not terribly applicable to Houston. But if the park is meant to represent the whole state (Grand TEXAS) then it's not so inaccurate to include that element - as long as it's not the whole theme.
That culture is a small part of Texas thought. Majority of Texans live in the eastern parts of the state.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:00 PM

51 posts, read 46,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You deserve harsh language for stereotyping. My experience of folks on the Northside, which is presumably far wider than yours, is that they are hard working folks who never had the opportunity to go to college, either because of economics or because their families were not big proponents. Those folks work hard in jobs that would make you cry. Put away your privilege, and give some respect to the blue collar workers of this country.
The north of Houston is an abomination that needs to be eradicated asap. You're absolutely correct about the experience. I have no experience of the wretched area. I live 13 mins. from Sugar Land, TX. Therefore, I'm highly familiar with safe and expensive areas and communities. I'm striving to be a white collar. I care nothing about blue collar work; my consideration for it was during early high school years; and blue collar work would kill you in the future. I consider blue collar duties to be torture. I have a global mentality. I'm an opportunist, and I'm ahead of my time. Other people could use your low status methods and liberal mentality. I have no use for it. I'm a conservative on my way to a brilliant destiny. I'm moving on from our conversing.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
If you're going to "kindly correct" me, please don't correct me with false information. They are in fact two separate entities.. Earth Quest Adventures was to be its own theme park resort, an entity that was to be operated by Contour Entertainment. The owner of the Earth Quest plan, Global EarthQuest Holdings has gone bankrupt. Grand Texas Theme Park is to be managed by Innovative Leisure Partners. Grand Texas was never supposed to be an "aspect to Earth Quest Adventures".. they were always going to be two SEPARATE operations.

Oh, and the article you linked is from 2014.. a lot has happened since then. The "latest" (not much recent news on the development..) from Monty Galland is that the theme park won't be opened until late 2017/early 2018. Considering the land for the Big Rivers Waterpark was still a massive dirt field last month, I guess we can assume thats been delayed again too and won't be opening this spring.
Well TexasTallest, I stand corrected in my method of correction. Thank you.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oespinoza83 View Post
OP seems like a troll to me.

I am not taking his side, but I did want to just chime in and say that I have heard about Full Sail. I buddy of mine went there back in early 2002-2004 era. He wanted to be an audio engineer, which basically are the people who help the "producer" make music/beats/etc. He ended up getting a job working with a highly respectable label when he finished. So yes, Full Sail i a real thing. Though I wouldn't call it a University. It is more like a trade school, which there is nothing wrong with. But I always figured it was just a trade school that catered to the media, music, arts, etc.
I greatly despise trolls. Thank you for the compliments about Full Sail University. Full Sail University isn't a trade school. It' way too advance for a trade school. It's a private school. In the future I'm going to attend an even more advance private school. This is a guarantee.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:05 PM

676 posts, read 931,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuture1 View Post
I greatly despise trolls. Thank you for the compliments about Full Sail University. Full Sail University isn't a trade school. It' way too advance for a trade school. It's a private school. In the future I'm going to attend an even more advance private school. This is a guarantee.
Good luck with that full sail degree and trying to find a job. I work in the industry. You'd be better off taking production classes at hcc and then transfering to an actual college or university. Those "for-profit" schools aren't typically very well regarded, although full sail isn't the worst.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:53 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,662,559 times
Quote:
The north of Houston is an abomination that needs to be eradicated asap. You're absolutely correct about the experience. I have no experience of the wretched area. I live 13 mins. from Sugar Land, TX. Therefore, I'm highly familiar with safe and expensive areas and communities. I'm striving to be a white collar. I care nothing about blue collar work; my consideration for it was during early high school years; and blue collar work would kill you in the future. I consider blue collar duties to be torture. I have a global mentality. I'm an opportunist, and I'm ahead of my time. Other people could use your low status methods and liberal mentality. I have no use for it. I'm a conservative on my way to a brilliant destiny. I'm moving on from our conversing.
Come back here in 5 yrs and share with us your brilliant destiny. Your posts clearly show that you are nothing but a child. You have so much growing up to do that it isn't funny. "God laughs while we are busy making plans."

Old 03-27-2016, 05:28 PM

15,425 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
With that attitude, you are very likely to end up working blue collar jobs, because the white collar places will recognize you for what you are and run you off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston