Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 03:21 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,882,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeme View Post
I paid about $2200 for a 7 zone system. Call Loudens Irrigation. They did a great job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
I used Loudens for two homes, highly recommended. He even came out once for free when I thought my sprinklers were broken after I winterized them. Found out it was because I had one of the valves on the wrong way.
How about warranty? I've tried contacting him several times but sends directly to VM...

Thanks!
Yes, it was a one year warranty. Loudens did ours years ago. Our controller started acting up right about the end of the warranty and James replaced it without any issues. Our system has been basically trouble free except for the controller and rain sensor for about 15 years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 07:33 AM

8 posts, read 14,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeme View Post
It comes with a 1 year warranty. He runs the business himself, but has his own crew for the actual work. Just leave a message and he will call back. I have his cell number also somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbstang View Post
Yes, it was a one year warranty. Loudens did ours years ago. Our controller started acting up right about the end of the warranty and James replaced it without any issues. Our system has been basically trouble free except for the controller and rain sensor for about 15 years now.
Great, thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

Old 03-01-2016, 12:37 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,303,954 times
We used Louden's couple of year ago for our home sprinkler system. They are very professional and delivered as promised. Our HOA gave us a hard time since we wanted to get approval before getting sprinkler system (I know it is our fault that we went for approval on this one). Luckily James stuck with us and helped us all the way round.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:48 PM

8 posts, read 14,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
We used Louden's couple of year ago for our home sprinkler system. They are very professional and delivered as promised. Our HOA gave us a hard time since we wanted to get approval before getting sprinkler system (I know it is our fault that we went for approval on this one). Luckily James stuck with us and helped us all the way round.
Come again Tony...What was the problem with your HOA? They didnt want you to use that company? Or you got an approval after the job was done?
Thxs

Old 03-01-2016, 06:58 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,456,225 times
Quote:
Why would you need approval from the HOA before getting a sprinkler system installed?
I can't imagine any scenario where an HOA would deny a sprinkler system install.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:46 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,882,533 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogii View Post
Come again Tony...What was the problem with your HOA? They didnt want you to use that company? Or you got an approval after the job was done?
Thxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Why would you need approval from the HOA before getting a sprinkler system installed?
I can't imagine any scenario where an HOA would deny a sprinkler system install.
They just want to know everything that is being installed and to make sure you don't run lines across your neighbor's side or anything. Basically just because they can, since it is an improvement to your exterior.

That is the main reason we used Louden's for our install. Several neighbors used him and unless you were in the yard looking for disturbed dirt, there was no way you could tell he did the install when they were done. His crew was so clean and efficient, they did our 9 zone, front and back 1/4 acre lot, in about 6 hours. I had to really look to see where they dug the trenches, and within a couple of weeks you could not tell that the grass had been disturbed. So unless the HOA management company came by the day they were digging, or some pesky neighbor turns you in, there is no way they would know. I've seen other installs in my area and none of them were quite as neat as Louden's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: