Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2015, 05:34 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,275,691 times

Advertisements

Looking for a good car wash in or near Sugar Land for 2 levels of car wash:

1) Good exterior detail - hand wash, hand wax, does a good job, really gives a darn. Willing to travel more for this as this is not done frequently.

2) Decent express wash that is either hand wash or touch free automated.

Finding it very difficult to locate ones that are actually decent, at least in Sugar Land.

Heard Bubbles was good, but it went downhill fast when Mr. Carwash took over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 08:04 PM

54 posts, read 74,418 times
I used to go to the hand car wash off of Dulles and Lexington that's at the gas station. Ricardo's I think it's called but they hired this one kid that completely didn't care about what he was doing. I got in my car a couple times and it had hardly even been wiped down inside.

It happened again even after speaking to the guy that owns it so I stopped going there. It's been awhile though so maybe try them out because when they first started out they did great work.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:47 PM

331 posts, read 491,351 times
Not to contrast with you, but I've never had an issue with mr carwash. Then again I'm not a very detailed car guy. For express wash find a buc-ees. There's one at crabb river rd and sansbury. Both do a decent job imo.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:44 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,275,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbend06 View Post
Not to contrast with you, but I've never had an issue with mr carwash. Then again I'm not a very detailed car guy. For express wash find a buc-ees. There's one at crabb river rd and sansbury. Both do a decent job imo.
Thanks. Is the Buc-ees car wash touchless? I haven't been to Mr. Carwash, but have read reviews of them not doing a good job/scratching paint, etc. That concerns me. Otherwise that place is very convenient.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:07 PM

132 posts, read 92,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbend06 View Post
Same here. No issues with Mr. Carwash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Thanks. Is the Buc-ees car wash touchless? I haven't been to Mr. Carwash, but have read reviews of them not doing a good job/scratching paint, etc. That concerns me. Otherwise that place is very convenient.
Are you basing it on yelp or google reviews? Yelp has 2 1/2 star rating for it with 57 reviews, which I can understand would deter people from not wanting to use it especially since I use yelp myself. Google reviews however seem to be more positive as it has 3.5 rating with 34 reviews. Also keep in mind as I've learned this from experience but I wouldn't necessarily go by reviews alone (although reviews are helpful) but a lot of times it seems that people leave reviews for only when they have a negative experience and not so much when they have a positive experience. Also, some of the reviews I've read from yelp I find ridiculous for the criteria they used for posting a negative review. I try to leave positive reviews and not just negative ones based in part on this.

Last edited by crazysoul; 12-21-2015 at 12:26 PM..

Old 12-24-2015, 10:17 AM

344 posts, read 1,254,971 times
I've used Mr Carwash for years w/ no issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: