Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 09:22 AM

4 posts, read 4,914 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking into moving from Pearland to Katy. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on which neighborhoods we should focus on. Would love to be zoned to great schools with low crime rates. More so looking for a home below I-10. We are weary about moving into neighborhoods that are still very, very new (construction still going up in a majority of the neighborhood) just because we moved into a new neighborhood in Pearland and now that it is developing we are seeing that we don't like the area as much. We would like to be in an area where we can go look and basically see what is already around so we know what to expect. We are looking to spend at most $275k on a home. Suggestions or comments about particular neighborhoods would be very helpful!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 10:25 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,771,273 times
In that price range check out Pine Mill Ranch or Silver Ranch. There are areas of both of those neighborhoods that are already built out and easy to get in and out of.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:39 PM

309 posts, read 246,086 times
For brand new Homes:
South of I-10 and in your budget, Silver Ranch would be a good option. I signed my contract in Dec 2014 and prices are already up $16K for the same model and i am yet to move in
My budget was similar to yours and other than Silver Ranch, Cross Creek Ranch was in my range but it is in Fulshear.

For existing Homes:
You can search har and that should give you some house in various Katy neighborhood in your price range.

@DSL_PWR,
Just curious if there are still houses in 275K in PMR? When i looked , they only had few lots left which were in 350K range

Thanks,

Old 08-26-2015, 12:50 PM

223 posts, read 261,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Puck View Post
For brand new Homes:
South of I-10 and in your budget, Silver Ranch would be a good option. I signed my contract in Dec 2014 and prices are already up $16K for the same model and i am yet to move in
My budget was similar to yours and other than Silver Ranch, Cross Creek Ranch was in my range but it is in Fulshear.

For existing Homes:
You can search har and that should give you some house in various Katy neighborhood in your price range.

@DSL_PWR,
Just curious if there are still houses in 275K in PMR? When i looked , they only had few lots left which were in 350K range

Thanks,
Least expensive new home in CCR as of 2p on 8/26 is 287K

Old 08-26-2015, 01:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
The Summit.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:40 PM

293 posts, read 756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The Summit.
No Thanks, then you would have to live with Joel and Vicky. Back to the original question. You may want to look at Willow Creek Farms. It is zoned to Katy ISD but is in Waller county so you will have cheaper insurance. Their is still new construction going on but you have very easy access to I-10. The website shows homes from the low 200s and 240s.

Willow Creek Farms | West Houston Master Planned Community

Old 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,018,139 times
For an established older neighborhood with great schools, look at Memorial Parkway. In your budget you should be able to get into a section zoned to Hayes/McMeans (they are all zoned to Taylor High). It's the least expensive neighborhood zoned to those schools and values should continue to rise. Plus, your commute (if going into the city) will be shorter.

If I were choosing, I'd pick it any day over the newer further west developments.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:01 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,287 times
I like Seven Meadows. Great school feeder pattern (Holland Beckendorff Seven Lakes). Houses built 2006-2009 ish. So newer but everything is established. You can afford it as long as you don't need a huge house.

For an older neighborhood surrounded by fancy parts of Seven Meadows see Hickory Creek. Homes built in the 80s still go to the same great schools. It is literally inside the Seven Meadows community.

I don't even live in Seven Meadows. But I still like it very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston