Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 02:19 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times

Advertisements

What happened to rotating spriklers, and a popsicle when you got tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 02:30 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
What happened to rotating spriklers, and a popsicle when you got tired.
I miss those days. I had more fun doing that than any trip to a waterpark.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I miss those days. I had more fun doing that than any trip to a waterpark.
You had more fun with a Popsicle in front of a sprinkler than at a water-park?

I think nostalgia and your adult experiences at water-parks may be clouding your perception of what kids want.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:59 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
25 acres for any theme park water park is not enough space you need double that really. There were plans for a theme park close to Fort Worth that would 3k acres turns out it was fake 3k acres would be bigger than some towns
Because it will most likely be one of those typical small suburban water parks that are already scattered around the Houston area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

I think nostalgia and your adult experiences at water-parks may be clouding your perception of what kids want.
This is the Houston forum. They despise anything fun or that requires being youthful.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

I was an anxious kid. Being around crowds and the big water slides were a bit much for me. Playing around in the sprinkler was something me and my friends could do just about every day in the summer. I had a ton of fun doing that and any day I could have a popsicle was a big deal for me because my parents were very stingy when it came to sweets.

But thanks for telling me about how clouded I am about my own childhood. I love coming on here to have people tell me how I should think and feel.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Because it will most likely be one of those typical small suburban water parks that are already scattered around the Houston area.

This is the Houston forum. They despise anything fun or that requires being youthful.
So I despise fun and youthfulness because I said I had a lot of fun as a kid playing in the sprinkler and eating popsicles?

Old 08-18-2015, 07:07 PM

293 posts, read 756,229 times
They are having a media event tomorrow at 9 am to provide more information.

Water Park Coming To The City of Katy

Old 08-19-2015, 10:07 PM

705 posts, read 1,259,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I've been to Great Wolf during the Christmas season (which BTW I noticed over this past weekend that it has already started at Lowes), so I did not see, or go near a pool, but I wonder, does it smell like chlorine? That is one thing that I've always hated about indoor pools. I can see the benefit during winter, but for the summer, I'd much rather be outdoors with the "clean" air. I'd imagine if it is bad to breath the chlorine fumes when you are just taking a shower, it must really be bad when you are in a covered pool for hours.
The indoor pools are actually saltwater and the outside pools are chlorine so no smell inside. You do get blasted with warm humidness as soon as you walk in!

Old 08-20-2015, 01:14 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,214,982 times
looks like it'll be something like this

Attractions SHV |Splash Kingdom Waterpark

one of those parks that specialize in small markets

Old 08-20-2015, 01:38 PM

675 posts, read 1,452,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
looks like it'll be something like this

Attractions SHV |Splash Kingdom Waterpark

one of those parks that specialize in small markets
TYPHOON TEXAS Waterpark, Katy, TX Coming Soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston