Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 02:33 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,824,676 times

Advertisements

^^^ Really? My neighbor is the HOA president and all the residents do is whine. Does your neighborhood have a nextdoor site, or a community message board? Those forums are filled with people bitching about dog poop, free-roaming cats, speeding cars, and yards with weeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 03:00 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,534,291 times
Well, one of the reasons that we have a property management company for such a small community is so the HOA board members such as myself do not have to listen to any homeowner whining. Anyone who wants to whine can whine to the property management company.

Personally, I have never heard anyone whine in our community even one time.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:27 PM

24,019 posts, read 15,115,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
^^^ Really? My neighbor is the HOA president and all the residents do is whine. Does your neighborhood have a nextdoor site, or a community message board? Those forums are filled with people bitching about dog poop, free-roaming cats, speeding cars, and yards with weeds.
Sorry about where you live. I have never heard of anybody going to a board or management company to complain about dog poop and free roaming cats, except me. At present, three neighborhood cats have taken up residence in my back yard. My cat does not go outside. We clean up after our dogs.

One place where we lived had folks who let their dogs run. Rather than complain, one neighbor who saw the dog poop in her yard while the owner watched, just got her shovel
and picked it up. When the owner was on her return trip home, she was hit with a shovel full of dog poop.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 919 times
Default HOA for small associations and or self managed communities.

Try Montage Community Servies. Montage Community Services - Home. They special in smaller communities and are great for back up support for self managed HOAs.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig MCS2015 View Post
Try Montage Community Servies. Montage Community Services - Home. They special in smaller communities and are great for back up support for self managed HOAs.
Thanks.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:58 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,516,486 times
I was treasurer for my last HOA (22 townhomes). We wanted to get a management company but nobody wanted to pay the higher dues to cover it (they also weren't interested in being in the board and doing any of the work!). If you're only collecting dues once a year, and don't have any communal property structures to maintain, it's not that much work. Just make sure you get someone who knows how to do accounting to maintain the books.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
I was treasurer for my last HOA (22 townhomes). We wanted to get a management company but nobody wanted to pay the higher dues to cover it (they also weren't interested in being in the board and doing any of the work!). If you're only collecting dues once a year, and don't have any communal property structures to maintain, it's not that much work. Just make sure you get someone who knows how to do accounting to maintain the books.
We already have a management company, so everyone is already used to paying the dues. And there is certainly nobody on our board that is going to do all of that work.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:12 PM

15 posts, read 20,339 times
Is it possible for homeowners to change the management company of their HOA for a brand new subdivision? Recently moved into Lakes of Savannah North and found out that we have first service residential as our management company. We have no prior experience with them but just curious.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearch1tect View Post
Is it possible for homeowners to change the management company of their HOA for a brand new subdivision? Recently moved into Lakes of Savannah North and found out that we have first service residential as our management company. We have no prior experience with them but just curious.
Typically the board of directors of the HOA makes these decisions. If the board of the HOA, which is elected by the homeowners of the HOA community, decides by a majority vote to change property management companies, then the change is made.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:10 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,352,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Sorry about where you live. I have never heard of anybody going to a board or management company to complain about dog poop and free roaming cats, except me. At present, three neighborhood cats have taken up residence in my back yard. My cat does not go outside. We clean up after our dogs.

One place where we lived had folks who let their dogs run. Rather than complain, one neighbor who saw the dog poop in her yard while the owner watched, just got her shovel
and picked it up. When the owner was on her return trip home, she was hit with a shovel full of dog poop.

This almost sounds too good to be true... what was the result?? One could argue the dog owner
could have filed an assault charge! I'd imagine neighborly relations did not improve afterwards....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: