Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 12:54 PM

614 posts, read 1,240,477 times

Advertisements

Having family living up there for over 30 years and have a business up there for 27 years. I think I can say I know the area. Is it a bad area? No. Is it what it once was? No. It has declined in the past 30 years but most places do. It's definitely not greenspoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 02:01 PM

811 posts, read 1,561,636 times
As usual ipuck is singing his same old biased song. Those of us that live here and are out and about all the time know better. We took our life in our hands and went out last night after dark and lo and behold, NOTHING happened to us!!!!!! And guess what, we are doing it again tonight! I think if anyone was to even look at him he would run for the hills. Jeez. He really needs to give it a rest.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:06 PM

112 posts, read 202,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post

If you feel so safe, go buy something at Walmart and tell me how you like it.
We just got back from lunch at Chick Fil A and doing some shopping at Walmart. Did not feel unsafe at all. Of course if they ever decide to open more check out lines, I'd be a lot happier

Old 05-30-2015, 03:33 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,005,901 times
Quote:
If you going to stay in a hotel, stay further north and away from FM1960 (Cypresswood Dr and up).

The mall is infested with young thugs want to be and very ethnic.

I think that area is not a good place to visit. Your husband can always drive up to Willowbrook.
Quote:
I grow up there and live there myself for a little while since I moved back.

Multiple people I know never go to Willowbrook and rather drive further to Woodlands to shop.

Like the other posters said, there are so many more unsavory characters walking around with all the apartments on every other block and Metro picking them up certainly doesn't help.

Suburbia shouldn't feel like this.

If you feel so safe, go buy something at Walmart and tell me how you like it.
Please ignore ipuck. If you want to do some research search their posts. ipuck is a clear racist and scared of probably even tan white people.

Willowbrook isn't lily white but it's far from unsafe The only "unsafe" part is WATCH the road beacuse the texters of all colors are out and proud.

I too was in the area today. I went to DSW across the street from the mall, Petsmart and then got to go from Babins and ran before the rain. I'm still breathing and fine.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:43 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,993,847 times
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...30&pnref=story

Just another fun day on FM1960.

Look the neighborhood has went downhill significantly in the last 10-15 years. The school are all ranked poorly and crimes are way up. The ethnic makeup have also changed quite a bit. Most white people have move further up or west.

We are in suburbia people. It shouldn't be like this.

If you guys think is fine, more power to you. But don't call me a racist because I am giving people my opinion.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:02 PM

703 posts, read 1,242,469 times
Quote:
h

Look the neighborhood has went downhill significantly in the last 10-15 years. The school are all ranked poorly and crimes are way up. The ethnic makeup have also changed quite a bit. Most white people have move further up or west.
If you read the OP, they are visiting, not moving there. I've been to that Walmart and others around town. The majority of people in walmarts seem the same to me. If you want to shop with a higher class of shoppers, go to Target.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:40 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,888,769 times
Where was that video taken? Looks more like 1960 and Veterans Memorial, not what I would consider the Willowbrook area, and not even Champions Forest, but east of there. That is the beginning of the more sketchy area east of Willowbrook that I mentioned. But we still go to that area occasionally.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:58 AM

8,898 posts, read 20,052,756 times
To the op, Basically what I think people are telling you is that willowbrook is diverse. If you aren't comfortable in a diverse population setting then you won't feel safe. If you are comfortable then you will be just fine.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:52 AM

24,069 posts, read 15,189,958 times
Some folks better move to New Hampshire or Wyoming. All those disturbing sun kissed people are going to be all over Texas soon. Willowbrook is fine.

One more time

That low income figure that is used to inform the world were the low class poor folks are is bogus. It is self declared. Every year parents fill out a form for reduced or free lunch. Nobody checks 98% of them. Schools only have to check 2%.

In the last 15 years, people have become very cleaver with ways to supplement their incomes. Especially in Texas where contractors are not licensed and we do not have state income tax.There is no way to verify income.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:01 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,097,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
To the op, Basically what I think people are telling you is that willowbrook is diverse. If you aren't comfortable in a diverse population setting then you won't feel safe. If you are comfortable then you will be just fine.
And honestly ethnic diversity =/ unsafe. Think instead about: do businesses want to relocate to the area? Do people get robbed? THAT is the real concern about safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston