Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:10 PM

150 posts, read 218,174 times

Advertisements

Parts of Frostwood flooded for the second time in 6 years. Hedwig village too. The frustration at the developers not installing. Adequate drainage is at an all time high. This area is not even in the 100 year flood plain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 06:15 PM

8 posts, read 8,935 times
Light flooding I live fairly close to Beltway 8

Old 05-26-2015, 08:10 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,910,754 times
We are in northwest Houston on a lake, close to Rolling Fork creek and walking distance to White Oak Bayou. Our home has never flooded but nearby homes in the adjacent neighborhood have, the flood control district has actually razed several homes there in the last decade. As far as I know there wasn't flooding this far upstream along the White Oak Bayou in this event (between FNH & Gessner) although the lakes, creek and bayou were all very, very high. Whether the no flooding was due to less rainfall than areas south of us or to the many flood control projects in our vicinity, I can't say. Probably both.

elnina, I'm so sorry.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:26 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
I live in North Houston
my house where I live is fine, the house I'm buying looks like is fine

But since Harris county was declared a natural disaster area, now I have to pay $150 more for another appraisal (requested by the insurance company) and my closing date might be delayed even more.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:30 PM

46 posts, read 64,998 times
This was the worst of the flooding I saw.

I still decided to ride through it anyways.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:03 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
Our block in Meyerland had water halfway up the front walkways (tense!), but nothing in homes that I can tell. We walked a number of blocks over to Brays, and could barely get through some sections with rain boots on (including a section that recently had new sewer and streets installed!). We are in the 100-year flood plain, so something like this shouldn't be a surprise, and is why our flood insurance in almost as much as our homeowner's insurance.

Rainfall is so unpredictable that trying to make a judgment on areas based on massive storms isn't helpful. It's been a long time, but I recall that TS Allison really did a number on home sales...I wonder what will happen this time as mortgage and insurance companies, as well as skittish buyers, put the brakes on.
We fared very well. No flooding at all, except in the street and a bit in our yard. Some homes in our area got water in the homes. All the water is gone now. Let's hope it doesn't rain too much in the coming days.

Alison was much much worse overall.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:44 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,570,155 times
Willow Meadows Area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzPZsGNDIe0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chsjlIgr6FI

Old 05-26-2015, 10:25 PM

860 posts, read 1,584,819 times
Eastwood, Broadmoor and adjacent areas seemed to do okay. Underpasses and parts of the Gulf Fwy feeder streets near UH main campus flooded but were draining well by early Tuesday afternoon. There's standing water along curbs and in yards -- this happens whenever there's a heavy rain and the ground is saturated. A neighbor reported the light rail trains were running again by noon. Some houses near the bayou in Idylwood were flooded.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:42 PM

960 posts, read 2,749,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Glad to see the Willow Creek video as I've always wondered if it would ever top off and obviously it did. We only got water up to the sidewalk during the rain and gone soon after it stops raining in Willowbend/Post Oak Manor which is in the 500-year flood zone except by the creek.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:41 AM

40 posts, read 58,068 times
Default Northwest houston flooding

Hello, i will be a newcoming in the next week to Houston, TX and with all this bad news about floods, i just want to be safe.

i mean the news seems to make Houston, tx a complete disaster, but i feel like it's just certain pockets of houston. im from NYC, and when we got hit with sandy, my neighborhood was completely untouched. it was those that lived near certain bodies of water that were submerged in water.

In any event, please see below area and can anybody tell me how this neighborhood made out in regards to the flooding. also, what about the spring, tx area ?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston