Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Thoughts on Houston...
Native of Houston and I like it 13 20.63%
Native of Houston and its ok 3 4.76%
Native of Houston and I dont like it 1 1.59%
Non-Native of Houston and I like it 27 42.86%
Non-Native of Houston and its ok 4 6.35%
Non-Native of Houston and I dont like it 4 6.35%
Intl Immigrant to Houston and I like it 4 6.35%
Intl Immigrant to Houston and its ok 2 3.17%
Intl Immigrant to Houston and I dont like it 1 1.59%
Lemme vote!!! 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,479,672 times

Advertisements

since I may be moving, a nice central place for me to ask questions without starting too many threads

best areas for singles to live?
whats the arts scene like?
the babes?
how is Houston on the naughty scale?
0 = Amish Settlement, 10 = Amsterdam at its naughtiest
hows the water taste?
the latina babes open to dating us gringos?
the asian babes?
whats your absolute FAVORITE thing about Houston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 07:08 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times
How about a "Native of Houston and I love it." And how about an " Illegal Immigrant and its awesome to live for free baby!!"

Then you would have tacked Houston down.

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 01-19-2008 at 07:18 PM..

Old 01-19-2008, 07:15 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,598,690 times
Let's see, best place for singles inside the loop. Arts scene is great, gotta search for it. The women run the gamut from hot to butt ugly, it's both Amsterdam at its naughtiest and an Amish Settlement, the water tastes horrible, I'm a gringo married to a latina and I'd say interracial dating is accepted here more than almost anywhere in the United States, there are tons of Asian women and finally my favorite thing about Houston is there is no other place like it.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:31 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,756,050 times
I said I'm a native and think it's OK. It has it's charm as well as bad points I'd rather not deal with. It's a giant city, after all. I'm not a sugar-coating apologist, but I wouldn't live anywhere else if I couldn't help it.

20-something singles, midtown. 30+ singles, Clear Lake is pretty good. Depends on who you talk to.

Arts scene is pretty heavy, but not my thing. Art car parade is cool though.

The babes are generally quite uptight compared to the ones in SoCal. (Lots of obesity here, but that's not "babe" quality.)

Houston is 7/10 naughty. Whatcha need? I can probably get it.

Water is chlorinated, but fine. Use a filter pitcher or fridge w/ filter. No bottles necessary.

Though I prefer blondes (and married one), I can say Latinas definitely like dark-haired gringos. Not sure about Asians as much, but I've definitely seen the 'mix' several times.

Favorite thing is I have a nice, good size home to come to every night. Most of my entertainment is right here.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,446,793 times
Singles: Midtown or uptown
Art: Big time art scene
Babes: the entire range, but it is the South and Texas, so there are lots of hotties
Naughty: again, runs the scale, but it is one of the largest cities in the US, so you can get everything. Plus we are widely considered the strip club capital of the US
Water = OK
Lots of interracial dating
Favorite thing about Houston: golf year round, Rockets

Old 01-21-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermac34 View Post
Singles: Midtown or uptown
Art: Big time art scene
Babes: the entire range, but it is the South and Texas, so there are lots of hotties
Naughty: again, runs the scale, but it is one of the largest cities in the US, so you can get everything. Plus we are widely considered the strip club capital of the US
Water = OK
Lots of interracial dating
Favorite thing about Houston: golf year round, Rockets
woo hoo

Old 01-21-2008, 05:13 PM

687 posts, read 2,132,528 times
  • best areas for singles to live - Midtown, inside Loop 610
  • whats the arts scene like - lots of variety, something for everyone
  • the babes - women inside the loop are better looking
  • how is Houston on the naughty scale - you could find whichever lifestyle you prefer here, as naughty or nice as you want
  • hows the water taste - fine. City provides water reports regularly, and the quality is good
  • the latina babes open to dating us gringos? interracial relationships are quite common
  • the asian babes - are beautiful (I'm biased on this one)
  • Absolute FAVORITE thing about Houston? several favorites - can exercise and grow things year-round, lots of variety in food, music, arts, entertainment, diversity of people and thoughts, lots of friendly people, job opportunities are abundant, affordable...

Old 01-21-2008, 06:08 PM

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is it safe to assume you will find alot more variety in babes in Houston than San Antonio?

Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 AM

564 posts, read 2,049,191 times
In my experience... yes.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:10 PM

do the babes there dress to impress like they do in floriduh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston