Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 PM

131 posts, read 154,074 times

Advertisements

I plan on graduating from college in 2018, but since the population of sugar land is going up, does that mean it will be extremely difficult for me to find an apartment there? (Strictly Sugar Land. Not Missouri City, Stafford, or Richmond)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 10:09 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,990,502 times
I am fascinated what is the fascination with Sugar Land. I love it here, but it is because I am at this point of my life with raising a family. If I am under 30 or single, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Sugar Land. This is just a well managed suburbia, nothing more. Also most of the people that live there are the same as me.

There are probably only a few restaurants where you won't see kids here. I certainly wouldn't want to wine and dine and have screaming kids sitting behind me.

Regarding your question, there are quite a few new units being built or just finished in Sugar Land, I don't think apartments shortage will be an issue.

Population of Houston is going up, it is not just Sugar Land.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:50 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,250,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
I am fascinated what is the fascination with Sugar Land. I love it here, but it is because I am at this point of my life with raising a family. If I am under 30 or single, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Sugar Land. This is just a well managed suburbia, nothing more. Also most of the people that live there are the same as me.

There are probably only a few restaurants where you won't see kids here. I certainly wouldn't want to wine and dine and have screaming kids sitting behind me.

Regarding your question, there are quite a few new units being built or just finished in Sugar Land, I don't think apartments shortage will be an issue.

Sugar Land is definitely changing. I've noticed more singles living in Sugar Land, mostly near Town Center and Imperial. We have more entertainment options than typical suburbia: walkable restaurants/bars with entertainment in Town Center and Imperial, Minor League baseball, and the new entertainment center. Sure, Sugar Land will never compare to Inner Loop for singles, but it is more than typical suburbia.

Since I have kids, I like being able to wine and dine in places nicer than ho hum chain restaurants and not worry about getting a babysitter.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:

I see what you're saying, but something about sugar land, that I can't explain, draws me to it. How clean the city is and the way the buildings look and the trees in first colony are some reasons why I love the city

Are there always people moving in an out of apartments at a quick rate or not so much?

I want to get a city of sugar land shirt

Old 05-23-2015, 01:39 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,967,894 times
Hard to say what the area will be like 3 years from now.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:42 AM

331 posts, read 488,606 times
There will be apts to rent in the future in sugar land. Why wouldn't there be? There are some now, and there are some proposed and under construction. It's all about supply and demand. They don't have a lot of apartments there, so it'll be expensive. But that's part of what makes sugar land sugar land. I agree about it not being that special. It's a nice suburb that, to be fair to it, is becoming less of just a bedroom community. There is stuff to do there. But it's not exactly some sort of destination.

It is a very controlled area surrounded by uncontrolled areas, so it's relatively nice. But there are places just like it all over the dfw metroplex. It's just rare for houston.

A shirt? Why don't you call someone at the city or something and see if they sell them. Better yet, you could get a shirt from austin or somewhere that's an actual destination lol. Just kidding, I don't mean to be rude, but i don't understand why people are so enamored with it either.

Go check out some other places, seriously. Sugar land is nice, but there are a lot more unique places out there. I mean this seriously, not trying to be a jerk.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:01 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,990,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbend06 View Post
There will be apts to rent in the future in sugar land. Why wouldn't there be? There are some now, and there are some proposed and under construction. It's all about supply and demand. They don't have a lot of apartments there, so it'll be expensive. But that's part of what makes sugar land sugar land. I agree about it not being that special. It's a nice suburb that, to be fair to it, is becoming less of just a bedroom community. There is stuff to do there. But it's not exactly some sort of destination.

It is a very controlled area surrounded by uncontrolled areas, so it's relatively nice. But there are places just like it all over the dfw metroplex. It's just rare for houston.

A shirt? Why don't you call someone at the city or something and see if they sell them. Better yet, you could get a shirt from austin or somewhere that's an actual destination lol. Just kidding, I don't mean to be rude, but i don't understand why people are so enamored with it either.

Go check out some other places, seriously. Sugar land is nice, but there are a lot more unique places out there. I mean this seriously, not trying to be a jerk.
I think OP need to travel a little and see the world.

A Sugar Land t-shirt. I almost think OP is a troll.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:

If you look back and read my past threads you would know I'm not a troll. Just because something seems out of the ordinary to you doesn't mean one is trolling. That is what I hate about message boards. If the statement seems the least bit extreme/outrageous or whatever, then the poster is a troll.

And I have traveled. I've been to many states and have hunted in the great outdoors in Texas and New Mexico. So I am not a hermit. I will be going to Africa to hunt after I graduate from college

Old 05-24-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbend06 View Post

I was thinking there would be a lack of available apartments because of the growing population

And I have checked out other places. I've checked out The Woodlands, River Oaks, where I currently reside (Friendswood), and even Lakeway (where Lake Travis is in case anyone doesn't know). I'm not going to list them all.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:

And if you think I'm kidding about the t shirt, I will post a picture of it when I get it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston