Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:35 PM

986 posts, read 1,272,017 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been who can give me an overview of the seating options? I got confused with tables vs. counters vs. VIP seating . . .

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 09:06 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLadyK View Post
Has anyone been who can give me an overview of the seating options? I got confused with tables vs. counters vs. VIP seating . . .

Thanks.
I'm not sure what you're asking, but you get to pick your seats at the ticket counter when buying you're tickets. First come, first serve basis. They have a map, that shows were all the seats are, it's not a traditional movie theater, they have big gaps in between the counter/seats and the next set of seats. Not sure about the VIP seating.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:23 AM

Rereading my post I see that I didn't ask my question very well. I have never been, and am buying tickets online. I see the map, but each available seat is marked as table, counter, or VIP, all for the same price. I was trying to figure out what the differences is between the 3.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:28 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,267,317 times
I've only been there once, but get there early. Parking was amazingly bad for me that one time.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:44 AM

366 posts, read 797,148 times
The table seats are the seats which have personal trays with non moveable chairs. The counter seats have moveable chairs and is like sitting at a bar where the table is just one long continuous table in front of you that you can lean on and everyone on your row shares. The counter seats are always in front of the table seats if you are on the same level. I like it better because you have more room for all your stuff and better view. The VIP seats I believe are like table seats but with comfier chairs and more favorable viewing areas.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:54 AM

Are the VIP seats the ones with the recliner-like chairs? We're taking our 4-year-old to their kid movie next weekend, so I think those are preferable to having a table in front. We won't be eating a meal.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:55 AM

569 posts, read 1,078,450 times
Counter seats are office wheeled comfy chairs against a countertop table. Plenty of room for your food/drinks. The chairs from the table seating are up against the countertop but well below you so away from view. But if you spill something, it could fall on your seat neighbor if their seats is leaning against the counter (likely cause that is how chairs are set up). The chairs in some table seats do move around a bit.

Tables seats vary. Some are one shared table for 1 people, some are individual tables similar to school seats with a table top. If with more than 2 people, I recommend counter top. If with a date, tables.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:00 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,911,512 times
If you are not eating a meal, I recommend seeing the movie elsewhere. The meal during movie is sort of the point of the Studio Movie Grill theaters, and unless you are dining yourself you will find the servers moving about and clinking of utensils and such distracting. Just my two cents...

Old 05-15-2015, 10:01 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
if you are not eating a meal, i recommend seeing the movie elsewhere. The meal during movie is sort of the point of the studio movie grill theaters, and unless you are dining yourself you will find the servers moving about and clinking of utensils and such distracting. Just my two cents...
+1, I would not want to go there if I wasn't eating.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:05 AM

Let me clarify: they have a special kids' movie next weekend. Tickets are $3. Four year old will have fun (first movie). Husband and I can drink beer. Just want the best seat option for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston