Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 06:46 AM

4 posts, read 4,676 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
I am planning to buy air ticket (emirates) for my sister and brother in law using my credit card through expedia, they are visiting first time from delhi to houston. are they gonna ask to show credit card used to buy ticket at delhi airport?

The way i am doing this is correct?

Thanks

Monty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 06:49 AM

23,173 posts, read 12,411,750 times
I can't say with certainty what the procedures are for that airline and country but I've never had to show a credit card or proof of purchase. Call the airline. The ticket needs to be in their name and exactly match their passport/visa.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:03 AM

34,618 posts, read 21,790,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I can't say with certainty what the procedures are for that airline and country but I've never had to show a credit card or proof of purchase. Call the airline. The ticket needs to be in their name and exactly match their passport/visa.
As oceangaia said, as long as their name matches their passport exactly, there should be no issue. I've bought tickets for other people, although domestic only, and never had an issue where they needed to see the credit card.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:28 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,822,075 times
I buy tickets for my family all the time, from Asia and Europe and they never had to show the original credit card. As long the names from passport matches the ones in the tickets (make sure to include middle names) everything should be fine.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:59 AM

Thanks all for help.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:35 AM

81 posts, read 139,519 times
I want to say I remember Emirates (or maybe it was one of the other airlines) saying they needed the actual credit card to be presented at the check in desk, but it was never enforced in Houston, not sure about Delhi. Also, lot of times it is a cheaper to book tickets in India in INR than from the States in USD.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:47 AM

I already booked the ticket with Emirates through Expedia. Lets see....

Old 05-05-2015, 02:07 PM

222 posts, read 420,984 times
For Emirates and Qatar, flights departing from the sub-continent, passengers may be asked to show the CC used to purchase the tickets. This is mentioned explicitly at least on QR's page.
The solution to this is to go to the airline's local office (QR's is in downtown) and verify the CC and sign a document. Send a copy of this document over to the passengers traveling. If asked, they will furnish this copy and all should be fine. This is standard practice. I speak from QR's experience. Most likely, same goes for EK.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:57 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,321,183 times
It is a valid requirement for middle eastern airlines especially for some people in the Asian subcontinent. What you can do is that if you can really buy ticket for your family members then you can also email them a scanned copy of your credit card and a letter mentioning you authorized the ticket purchase yourself along with your contact details. In that way you can play safe. If you don't trust them with a scanned copy then that's a different story

Old 05-05-2015, 09:07 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,071,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montys View Post
Hello All,
I am planning to buy air ticket (emirates) for my sister and brother in law using my credit card through expedia, they are visiting first time from delhi to houston. are they gonna ask to show credit card used to buy ticket at delhi airport?

The way i am doing this is correct?

Thanks

Monty
Its an absurd procedure that is being followed by airlines in India.Not sure if Emirates follows it though. Better to send them the photocopy of the card used with CVV blacked out.

Also its better to book in India through some travel agent, as prices might be cheaper than booking through web sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: