Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:41 PM

26 posts, read 147,635 times

Advertisements

Does anyone on the board live in this subdivision? Will it eventually be a gated community? Any info, would be greatly apprecited.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 02:01 PM

564 posts, read 2,046,692 times
Man! I haven't seen/heard anything concerning Rodeo Palms in a couple of years. The last I saw of it, construction had finally gotten back on track after it went stagnant for a while. From what I remember, the golf course was going to be pretty impressive and a lot of homes would demand a pretty penny.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Mack View Post
Man! I haven't seen/heard anything concerning Rodeo Palms in a couple of years. The last I saw of it, construction had finally gotten back on track after it went stagnant for a while. From what I remember, the golf course was going to be pretty impressive and a lot of homes would demand a pretty penny.
Thanks, any info is a help. Looking but, it seemed like it did not have a lot of homes. I looked in 2005 and was looking for something more built out. So headed to look in SCR. Pulled out a house there and I have started revisting Rodeo Palms.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:18 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,340,116 times
I have a friend who lives in Rodeo Palms. There's so many homes there.
It looks nice, I like the lakes and community atmosphere. Pretty diverse population too.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 PM

587 posts, read 1,135,782 times
the whole concept of Rodeo Palms changed because the original developers were unable to sell any lots to support the golf course/gated concept.

The golf course that was in place in the front of the neighborhood was turned into a lake, and the developer sold hundreds of lots to four builders, legend homes, meritage homes, perry homes and pioneer homes.

The gated area is still slated for the far back of the community, and has a couple of homes already built. Rumor had it that Shaquille O'Neal purchased two acres of land in the gated community back in 2004 before they even built the first foundation.

I think Rodeo Palms is a great location. 288 will be the next great frontier for development, and what is taking place down on fm 518 in Pearland will eventually head south toward Rodeo Palms once land becomes scare and too expensive. The residents of Manvel have to go back into Pearland to do most of their shopping right now.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:58 AM

564 posts, read 2,046,692 times
Is Rodeo Palms located in Manvel proper or is it unincorporated Brazoria County?

Old 01-19-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Mack View Post
Is Rodeo Palms located in Manvel proper or is it unincorporated Brazoria County?
It is Manvel.
I am very appreciative of the information. I have visited the subdivision, three times in 3 days.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
the whole concept of Rodeo Palms changed because the original developers were unable to sell any lots to support the golf course/gated concept.

The golf course that was in place in the front of the neighborhood was turned into a lake, and the developer sold hundreds of lots to four builders, legend homes, meritage homes, perry homes and pioneer homes.

The gated area is still slated for the far back of the community, and has a couple of homes already built. Rumor had it that Shaquille O'Neal purchased two acres of land in the gated community back in 2004 before they even built the first foundation.

I think Rodeo Palms is a great location. 288 will be the next great frontier for development, and what is taking place down on fm 518 in Pearland will eventually head south toward Rodeo Palms once land becomes scare and too expensive. The residents of Manvel have to go back into Pearland to do most of their shopping right now.
Will there be any golf? Or is it going to be all lakes and greebelts? I have done numerous web searches and the sales hostesses do not know a lot.
Thanks

Old 01-19-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
I have a friend who lives in Rodeo Palms. There's so many homes there.
It looks nice, I like the lakes and community atmosphere. Pretty diverse population too.
I see that there are a lot of new building. Do you know what amenities are in the neighborhood ?
Thanks

Old 01-20-2008, 06:06 PM

34 posts, read 158,460 times
Sounds like a nice place. Is the commute decent to NASA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston