Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,188 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am new to the board and have lurked for a while now. My family and I are considering moving to the Houston area. We are native Texans and have lived in Dallas, Florida, and are currently living in Austin. Unfortunately, I have always heard bad things spoken about Houston. From what I have heard and the pictures I have seen The Woodlands seem like a wonderful area to live. (however, I have never been there before) The reason for our move is due to lack of opportunities here in the Austin area. We have a fourteen year old daughter who will be a Sophomore next year. I guess I am just looking for some advice on where in The Woodlands is the best location to live. I aplogize if this has already covered. I am still searching the board for answers. I also wanted to ask about the water and chemical pollution due to all of the plants in the city? Is it safe or is there an increase of disease? How "green" is the city? Is River Plantation in The Woodlands, or is it right outside? Is it a great location? What high schools do your kids attend if you live in River Plantation?
Thanks for all the info!
nunyo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 04:33 PM

410 posts, read 1,682,863 times
nunyo...River Plantation is not in the Woodlands, it is north of 1488 and south of the 336 loop south, off I45 north. It 's actually in the Conroe area. At one time there were major flooding issues associated with the subdivision, so if you are considering it.... check out the flood maps. The Woodlands is a great master planned community with shopping, hospitals and parks. It has grown tremendously and truely has something for everyone. Prices will be a bit higher than it neighbor......Spring/Klein/Champions area.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 AM

136 posts, read 894,315 times
I lived in the Woodlands for 7 years and loved it. The high schools are great. My son had a great life there. If you choose this area, I would try to live as close as possible to the I45. Panther Creek is ideal. It just takes a lot of time in the morning to just get out of the Woodlands if you live further back, let alone the I45 commute.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,188 times
Thanks so much for replying. We are thinking that The Woodlands is going to be the best place to raise our family. I am hoping we will be able to get out there here in the next couple of weeks to see it.
nunyo

Old 01-15-2008, 08:38 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,439,417 times
Go South on Kuyukendahl from the Woodlands for about 10 minutes. Check out Windrose, Gleanloch, Memorial Northwest, Champion Forest, Champion Woods, The Falls, Spring Creek Oaks, etc.

All in the suburbs, all have access to the Woodlands AND Willowbrook, all are in top notch schools, all cost 25% less than the Woodlands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston