Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,181 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm hoping some of you can share your thoughts on which might be the better of these two Beazer communities: Enclave at Highland Glen near Pearland Pkwy and Hughs Rd or Pearland Lakes on 518 between 288 and Cullens.

I'm going to be coming into town this weekend to help my parents look at houses, and they're particularly interested in these neighborhoods. I grew up in Pasadena (where my parents still live), but I left years ago and am no longer familiar with Houston or the surrounding areas. So I'm hoping y'all can give me some local insight.

Their commute takes them to Beltway 8 and Bellaire but they want to stay a near'ish to Pasadena around Beltway 8 and Fairmont for familial reasons. Given those requirements, they would like to move into new construction in a nice neighborhood that will stay that way over the long term. Their current location in Pasadena has seen better days and they want to avoid moving to another neighborhood that will eventually end up in decline again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 08:44 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times
I would go with enclave at pearland parkway first. Traffic is too bad on 518 in that 288 and Cullen area.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:18 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,771,273 times
I can't tell you where to build but I can tell you that if you do build with Beazer to plan on overseeing the entire build of your home, trust me. I am glad that I was as proactive during the process as I was because I wouldn't feel comfortable living in this house had I not taken thousands of pictures and questioned everything that didn't look right.

We recently had a home built with beazer and you need to make sure that you review and review again the drawing for the home build and take lots of pictures along the way. Question everything that doesn't look right and stop work if you feel something needs to be addressed by the super. I did and it saved me from having to have walls torn down and issues repaired after the fact.

You have to manage them thoroughly as far as micro managing in my opinion since they don't use the best of trades. But that can be area based as well.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,239 times
I am trying to close a Inventory Beazer home in Pearland in 2 days. However I am not impressed by the quality of doors and cabinets and craftsmanship. The doors and cabinets look woobley. The wooden rail for the stairs is woobley too. The price of the house is 400K. Need your advice soon if its worth is buying . I am concerned about the quality. Please advise. Thanks

Old 04-26-2015, 07:44 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,237,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.candid View Post
I am trying to close a Inventory Beazer home in Pearland in 2 days. However I am not impressed by the quality of doors and cabinets and craftsmanship. The doors and cabinets look woobley. The wooden rail for the stairs is woobley too. The price of the house is 400K. Need your advice soon if its worth is buying . I am concerned about the quality. Please advise. Thanks
So Beazer has shoddy construction? $400k? That depends. Where is the house in Pearland? What is size? How upgraded is it? What price range do other houses in the development sell for?

Old 04-26-2015, 11:45 AM

8 posts, read 18,457 times
I'm not going to say that it's all shoddy construction.....but my aunt and uncle have a Beazer home right off of Pearland Parkway (literally behind the Target shopping center) and it's not nearly as nice as other builders in the same price range.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:28 PM

331 posts, read 487,038 times
If you're going to buy a new home, based on opinions of the builder/s, I would try to buy within the applicable city limits so the homes are inspected by the city. Many homes, probably most, are built outside the city limits. It may have a Pearland address (or wherever), but it's not actually in the city. I'd call the city and see which developments are in the city limits and therefore that they inspect for code compliance. Of course, most new development is outside of cities, but it amazes me how expensive some of these homes/developments are when there is little oversight. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston