Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times

Advertisements

If vote for gwb again :-) but this thread isn't about that. It's about sjl taking her smiling mug to the Grammys. She didn't get her usual photo op time that she usually seeks though because of the type event. And according to others, she didn't use taxpayer funds so it's sort of a nonevent. Kind of like her taking a vacation - doesn't really affect anyone.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:33 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
Lol, this thread started being about SJL, which makes sense for the Houston forum; but it morphed into all sorts of shenanigans.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:51 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
I know these broad topics always evolve into a 7-headed dragon don't they? However the I thing I. We see about sjl is here relentless grandstanding. Would love to hear from someone in her district of something truly value added they believe she has assisted them with.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:32 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
That's a reasonable request texas7. I bolded the part below for emphasis. See the 12th post on this thread, or below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I think she is from NYC.

Our family, some of whom live in her district, had the same opinion as most here.

DH had to interface with her office on 2 projects. that is when he changed his mind.

She is hard on her staff. DH experienced rudeness and arrogance from the staff. One guy just called him and barked commands. DH just told him no.

When DH met her, and watched her conduct meetings in her district, he got a total other look at her.
As far as his projects were concerned, she was well informed, considerate and really cared for her district.

She is no more camera hog than Ted Poe and he didn't give a damn about anything I ever wrote to him about.

She is no more stupid than that guy from Tyler and a couple more from Texas.

Where were any of them when NASA was on the chopping block? Kay Bailey is the only one who looked after Texas interest. The rest just pontificate and BS us.
I'm a minority, but not African American. I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of having racist thoughts and anxieties at times of frustration or fear. That said, I know when I'm being a racist. It happens to everyone. I have plenty of black friends, and over drinks (and maybe some hookah), we've shot the breeze about stuff like this plenty so I don't spend too much time kicking myself. It's only human.

What amazes me is that some of the posters on here haven't even figured out when they're being racist. Lol, it's an internet forum, it won't get back to you unless you post personally indentifiable information about yourself. If you're painting with a very broad brush, or using derogatory terms that are clearly specific to one ethnicity, i.e. Compton branch of a college, seriously... Odds are you're being racist.

Full disclosure, I don't know much about SJL, and I don't really care. The only news source posted here indicated she paid with her own money so it doesn't bother me one bit.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:46 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Sheila Jackson Lee is not a great congressperson, but I can't fault her for going to the Grammys since she paid her own way.

Note that she is apparently an abusive boss and has been named the meanest congressperson by the Washingtonian in 2014. I don't like her at all, but she does keep getting re-elected.

Jackson Lee again named 'meanest' Congress member - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
The survey allows congressional employees to anonymously rate their bosses on the Hill.
See the photo gallery for incidents she was involved in.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
I know these broad topics always evolve into a 7-headed dragon don't they? However the I thing I. We see about sjl is here relentless grandstanding. Would love to hear from someone in her district of something truly value added they believe she has assisted them with.
Unfortunately, I am in her gerrymandered district. I have voted against her twice. I think she brings little or nothing to the table for me.

I don't doubt other politicos take trips (where they are wined and dined in fundraising efforts), but most are more discreet. SJL always seems to be looking for a camera. I don't hear her spoken about when it comes to the Democrat fundraising machine though.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:59 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Just like I figured, this thread brought out all the keyboard racists in hiding.
And started by a mod on here, no less.
Thread closing in 3,2,1......
Check out the comments at the link posted above on click2houston.

Pathetic.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:17 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
If you want to look at gerrymandering, look at what the Republicans have done over the years. That's how people like Culberson keep getting elected.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:26 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth_Avenger View Post
Heck, we elected then re-elected an unqualified community organizer President because so many white liberals were/are afraid not to vote for him because he is 1/2 black. Political correctness is destroying our once great country.
Obama is more white than black
he's 1/2 black and was raised by his white family.

I know, facts suck.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:27 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Obama is more white than black
he's 1/2 black and was raised by his white family.

I know, facts suck.
If Obama have a son, his son is black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston