Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 08:38 PM

811 posts, read 1,567,064 times

Advertisements

I would leave if I could. It is not because I dislike the city itself but because I loathe the weather here. I am not sure where I would go but somewhere with 4 seasons and nice scenery.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:47 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,177,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
First off money always matters. So imagine you now have 3 million to spend on a house instead of 300k, you would still want to get the best bang for your buck. Not only would places you have dreamed about be within reach but also places in Greater Houston that you have never really experianced before would be available as well. Remember there are a lot of very wealthy people who call Houston home. My lifestyle would change, I would travel more perhaps and eat better food, but I most likely would do those things from a base here in Houston. So the answer is yes I would still live in Houston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
If I was wealthy, I would not live in Houston. Would probably stay in Texas but go North or West where there is less humidity.
^^^ this.

We are in Houston because of my husbands job. All of our family lives in the DFW area. I despise the humidity here. Would probably get a house in the DFW area to be closer to family, but would have at least one other house elsewhere (probably the pacific NW).

It would be very difficult for me to leave Texas based on the cost of living here. So being wealthy would last a lot longer here than it would if I moved to somewhere like san Fransisco or New York city. I would have a home base in Texas and live here (not necessarily Houston though) 51% of the time and spend the rest of my time traveling. I would live in Houston (close to our best friends) or DFW (close to family) based on airports and being centrally located in the US to get to either coast easily, get to the Caribbean quickly, and direct flights to Europe.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:57 AM

139 posts, read 157,092 times
I'm appreciative of what this city offers to working individuals and families, and I think it's a great place to live but if I could, I'd be living in Vancouver with a penthouse overlooking the mountains with great restaurants and entertainment at my doorstep. I'm getting used to the humidity but the mosquitoes are unbearable.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:12 AM

517 posts, read 1,060,079 times
I would move to Duluth, and spend the winters South Africa, New Zealand, Chili.

Or I would live on a boat and cruise to Alaska in the summer and down the coast to Chili in the winter.

It is unlikely I would set foot in Houston ever again. Saying that, I will be in Houston for a day to catch a flight to Miami then Grenada tomorrow.

Off well, can't afford that private jet yet.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 12-26-2014, 08:17 AM

1,011 posts, read 986,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_transplant_in_Houston View Post
I'm appreciative of what this city offers to working individuals and families, and I think it's a great place to live but if I could, I'd be living in Vancouver with a penthouse overlooking the mountains with great restaurants and entertainment at my doorstep. I'm getting used to the humidity but the mosquitoes are unbearable.
The mosquitoes and other critters are reasons enough to move out of Houston for me

Old 12-26-2014, 08:59 AM

6,303 posts, read 7,577,810 times
Its threads like this that make me think the possible economic downturn some say is coming to Houston may be a blessing in disguise . If and when it comes hopefully it will sweep out all the malcontents first. Especially the people who whine about the bugs and humidity. $40 oil here we come !

To the people who say they do not live in Houston anymore, and those who say they have never lived in Houston. please explain why you find it necessary to keep up with the Houston forum ?

Last edited by Jack Lance; 12-26-2014 at 09:31 AM..

Old 12-26-2014, 09:25 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,553,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
The mosquitoes and other critters are reasons enough to move out of Houston for me
I know....those palmetto bugs (that's what they are called down here but they are big azz cockroaches) are no joke.......especially when they escape from my first strike of death haha no sleep tonight!!!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,158,652 times
Id be out of Houston ASAP...would probably move to Sugarland.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
I know....those palmetto bugs (that's what they are called down here but they are big azz cockroaches) are no joke.......especially when they escape from my first strike of death haha no sleep tonight!!!
Those palmettos are no joke. I once completely smashed the abdomen of one with a napkin. Picked up and rotated the napkin for examination and that sucker swiveled his head toward me and stared right back at me. This event was neither embellished or exaggerated. Eerie sh*t!

Old 12-26-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Its threads like this that make me think the possible economic downturn some say is coming to Houston may be a blessing in disguise . If and when it comes hopefully it will sweep out all the malcontents first. Especially the people who whine about the bugs and humidity. $40 oil here we come !

To the people who say they do not live in Houston anymore, and those who say they have never lived in Houston. please explain why you find it necessary to keep up with the Houston forum ?
Jack, you are being a little sensitive over some criticism. No place is perfect. We know you love Houston. I do too--but not because of humidity or insects. It's because of the people and the relationships I forged. If you believe "sweeping out all the malcontents" will make Houston a better place, then I'll leave you with your opinion. It's ok if people want to live elsewhere due to newfound wealth. There's just other places, if money was not an issue, that are may be better for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston