Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 02:52 PM

200 posts, read 298,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
It's pretty common for retailers to run promos when they first open to increase foot traffic
my point though is that the Pearland HEB didn't do that or if they had any promos on major items it was just a facade for the lesser items actually being more expensive than other HEBs. items I regularly buy at other HEBs cost more at the Pearland one during their grand opening. even their own HEB brand sausage cost more than it did at other HEBs which was already the most expensive. even more than Chapel Hill brand (which is not good for a person at all. why it tastes soo good I'm sure).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 03:31 PM

26,204 posts, read 21,701,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemichael View Post
my point though is that the Pearland HEB didn't do that or if they had any promos on major items it was just a facade for the lesser items actually being more expensive than other HEBs. items I regularly buy at other HEBs cost more at the Pearland one during their grand opening. even their own HEB brand sausage cost more than it did at other HEBs which was already the most expensive. even more than Chapel Hill brand (which is not good for a person at all. why it tastes soo good I'm sure).
I'd wager they had some promo items and you just didn't see them. It would be out of the norm for HEB to open a new store with to promotional items

Old 11-08-2014, 06:35 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,379,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
Fascinating.
Lol

Old 11-08-2014, 07:06 PM

682 posts, read 1,946,809 times
Quote:
ahhh, too me that is Dickinson so I would never have considered it but I guess technically that is League City?
Yep that is League City. Everything along 646 down to 517 is within League City city limits. The businesses and homes on the West side of 45 along 646 fall within the Dickinson zip code though so lots of times mailing addresses will say Dickinson while technically it is League City.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:00 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,292,838 times
I went to the new HEB on hwy 96 to check it out. Also I have been searching for persimmons. Fresh Market had some but they were overpriced and too ripe.

The new 96 HEB seems a lot like the Friendswood HEB, but stretched out with more space and breathing room. The Friendswood location is a great store, but at certain times of the day it grates my nerves due to the pushy, impatient people and narrower aisles and pathways. Heck my gf thrives in crowds and loves Wal-Mart and black friday stuff. And even SHE said Friendswood-HEB frazzles her from time to time. So after my first visit, I think I'll make the 96 location my default. Very nice store with plenty of personal space. Just the way Daniel likes it. I can stop and look at an item without fear of the person behind me running into me with their shopping cart.

Last edited by DanielWayne; 11-09-2014 at 12:09 AM..

Old 11-09-2014, 05:17 PM

126 posts, read 193,983 times
Will have to check it out. To me so far my fav HEB is the one on 518 n pearland parkway. But overall my fav grocery store has to be the friendswood Kroger on 528. It has great selection of organic produce and its big enough.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:30 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,994,213 times
Quote:
the HEB in Pearland didn't do that. or at least not on the things I was looking at. they were more expensive than other HEBs. maybe they did it on just the pricey items? that I couldn't say. however if they did discount pricer items they were sure getting it back on other items they increased the prices on.

I mean I know HEB sausage tends to be better health-wise (not by much, true) but I don't get it being one of the most expensive brands in their stores. and it was a good .20 cents more at the Pearland one when it opened. knick-knack that all over the store and I'm sure they made up any actual discounts that existed.
Can't comment on the prices, but Pearland's HEB now has a Nikos Nikos restaurant.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Can't comment on the prices, but Pearland's HEB now has a Nikos Nikos restaurant.
was that there when it opened? if so I don't recall it. from the menu it sure sounds worth a try. lots of grilled bell peppers and onions! yum! the salads seem a bit pricey compared to other places salads though. gives me a reason to check it out again and see if the prices normalized also. thanks for the information.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonamd View Post
Yep that is League City. Everything along 646 down to 517 is within League City city limits. The businesses and homes on the West side of 45 along 646 fall within the Dickinson zip code though so lots of times mailing addresses will say Dickinson while technically it is League City.
nice information to have! not confusing at all either!

it clicked when I read your post and I remembered that is League City but it still just doesn't sit mentally with me that it's League City. I'd think that HEB would have more actual Dickinson residents hitting it up if a survey was ever done. or has one been? lol

Old 11-09-2014, 09:05 PM

682 posts, read 1,946,809 times
Quote:
nice information to have! not confusing at all either!

it clicked when I read your post and I remembered that is League City but it still just doesn't sit mentally with me that it's League City. I'd think that HEB would have more actual Dickinson residents hitting it up if a survey was ever done. or has one been? lol
Nope not confusing at all...I've seen people post on League City's Facebook page asking why if they live in Dickinson are they being taxed by League City...

I imagine a good portion of that HEB's customers come from Dickinson but a lot of League City shops there too. I've been driving there for about 5 years from the 96 / 270 area. The Kroger on 96 at South Shore was much closer but shopping there for all my groceries was costing me an additional $30-$50 a week over what I'd spend at the HEB for similar items so the drive was worth it. Sure was nice this week to have such a short drive to an HEB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston