Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:46 PM

5 posts, read 33,980 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year Everyone! We have a lot just outside of the Houston area in Southeast TX. We are currently looking for a QUALITY home builder to build on our lot. Asking for suggestions & advice from people with similar situation (build on your lot home builders) or experts suggestions/advice. Please, HAPPY HOME OWNERS we need help as to who to look at and who to stay away from in the New Home Construction Business. We need a builder who builds in Southeast TX, Liberty County & Dayton area. All suggestions & advice welcome! We need all the help we can get. Thanks to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 10:45 AM

241 posts, read 1,178,147 times
I don't really know a whole lot about build on your own lots or really quality builders that do that, I know Imperial Homes builds on your own lot but I've seen people complain on this forum about them before, I'm not sure, it was a while ago. My girlfriends mom works there and she says they are quality, but I really don't know.

Good luck, sorry I couldn't be more help, at least you have a place to start there.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:36 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,646,391 times
Ha. I tried too. I contacted most all the local builders in and around Houston. They all returned my call or email quickly. But when I said I had my own plans they all turned me down. They all seem to have up to about 8 of their own plans that you can choose from. If you dont like them then they have no problem telling you sorry.

You can try Jim Walter Homes. They have many locations throughout Texas and many other states. They also have model homes to look at. If you research them you will find plenty of complaints but I take many of them with a grain of sand. They will build to any degree of completeness and you finish the rest. I have a Lake Livingston unique lake lot and they were willing to work with me. Nice people too !

I have not chosen a builder yet. I may just wait till I get there full time and will make my own connections since Im in the construction business and will eventually will make some contacts that I trust.

I wish you luck. You are going to need it.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:29 AM

It has been difficult. I refuse to give up though. So we will see what happens. I do feel like I am making some progress. Seems it may be a long road. I have my eye on the prize though. We are looking at Precision Custom Home Builders. They built my parents home in the same area so I know they are good. They built a really nice home for them. Wish us luck. Will let you all know how it goes.Thanks for your comments!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:13 AM

38 posts, read 179,935 times
I recommend David Weekly homes for their great warranty service department.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 8,010 times
I built a home with Partners in Building, and it went great. They helped me design a floorplan to MY specifications, and the process was pretty smooth. I think their website is partnersinbuilding.com. They don't do a good job marketing themselves, but they are in a lot of subdivisions, and they built my home on my lot.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:34 PM

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and sharing your story's with me. We have found a home builder that we are very happy with so far. Precision Homes. They have built many homes in this area. They have been easy to work with so far. We are sort of stuck right now trying to sell our mobile home and get it off of our property before the builder will start anything. All structures on the property must be removed before they will do anything. If anyone is looking for a pre-owned mobile home.... knows of a dealer who buys and sells pre-owned mobile homes, wants to invest by moving to a lot and renting out, anything. please post! If anyone was in this same situation and wants to share how they did it. Please post. We really don't know what we are going to do with our Mobile Home but it has to go soon. Anyway that's the update on the builder search. Thanks to all who posted. Have a GREAT day!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 7,227 times
hello, my name is Ssgt Johns. i am currently in the marine corps, but thats not what i am here for. i read ur message and i believe u should contact my father. he has had 30+ years of experience and has built several businesses in dayton and liberty. he is a local man that has been building all his life. he is very good at what he does. he has built anywhere from multi million dollar houses to cost-efficent homes. this isnt a spam. he is expanding his business to the web and i offered to assist him with the website and i was researching other sites and find u.

anyways, u proboly have more important things to do, so if u could please call him at: (713) 724-5370 and ask for bobby. let him know that i (bobby jr) has directed u his way. if u have anymore question u can contact me at: [EMAIL="robertjohns0369@aol.com"]robertjohns0369@aol.com[/EMAIL] i can answer any question u may have about the business or question concerning the house u trying to construct. i do not have access to a phone due to the fact that i am currently deployed to iraq. thanks and hope this helps.

Ssgt Johns Jr. Robert w.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandwine View Post
Happy New Year Everyone! We have a lot just outside of the Houston area in Southeast TX. We are currently looking for a QUALITY home builder to build on our lot. Asking for suggestions & advice from people with similar situation (build on your lot home builders) or experts suggestions/advice. Please, HAPPY HOME OWNERS we need help as to who to look at and who to stay away from in the New Home Construction Business. We need a builder who builds in Southeast TX, Liberty County & Dayton area. All suggestions & advice welcome! We need all the help we can get. Thanks to all!

Old 12-31-2008, 04:04 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,646,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns0311 View Post
hello, my name is Ssgt Johns. i am currently in the marine corps, but thats not what i am here for. i read ur message and i believe u should contact my father. he has had 30+ years of experience and has built several businesses in dayton and liberty. he is a local man that has been building all his life. he is very good at what he does. he has built anywhere from multi million dollar houses to cost-efficent homes. this isnt a spam. he is expanding his business to the web and i offered to assist him with the website and i was researching other sites and find u.

anyways, u proboly have more important things to do, so if u could please call him at: (713) 724-5370 and ask for bobby. let him know that i (bobby jr) has directed u his way. if u have anymore question u can contact me at: robertjohns0369@aol.com i can answer any question u may have about the business or question concerning the house u trying to construct. i do not have access to a phone due to the fact that i am currently deployed to iraq. thanks and hope this helps.

Ssgt Johns Jr. Robert w.
You are responding to a post that is a year old. That person is long long gone. You also posted a phone number on a pubic forum. Whataya nuts? I bet you get thousands of nuts spamming you now. Maybe Marines are trained to be afraid of nothing but be prepared for the spam.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:53 PM

UPDATE: It is true this post is a year old. Unfortunately, we are still looking to have a home built on our land in the Liberty/Dayton area. We ran into a wall with selling our mobile home. This mobile home has become a thorn in our side. However, we have decided to move out of our m/h January 10-15 to concentrate on selling so we can move forward with our plans of building a home. It is hard to believe it has been a year already. Thank you Ssgt Johns, Jr. I hope you got the email I sent you. Once again Happy New Year everybody!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston